Inspire Internet Heating Control Units

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
akwe-xavante

Inspire Internet Heating Control Units

Post by akwe-xavante »

Inspire Home Automation Ltd trading for approx four years have a range of devices that can be internet connected to remotely control your heating.

I've had a good poke around the website:
https://www.inspirehomeautomation.co.uk

I like what I see, I've also emailed them for additional info and I got a very quick reply, to my first email anyway.

I have concerns though it looks as though you can only use / access the device via there own website / servers. This worries me because at the mo if the young company goes belly up your left with a very expensive piece of completely useless kit.

If you have one of these have you tried accessing the device directly via its own ip address from the network is connected too to see what you get. Are you prompted for a username and password, if so have you tried entering the same info you do to access the device from the manufacturers website?

Very interested in buying some of these but want to be sure I'm not left with a very expensive piece of junk if the company goes belly up.

Do you have and use one and if so what are your experiences so far?

Another problem I have with them is they don't disclose there trading address on there own website although its easy enough to find for those that know how but this also makes me suspicious too.
golfing girl

Post by golfing girl »

Hi in one of our cottages as we have gas we use hive to control heating remotely. excellent system
In the other property we only have electricity and have just started using lightwave. So far so good
I wish I was on the golf course
b_javea

Re: Inspire Internet Heating Control Units

Post by b_javea »

akwe-xavante wrote:Inspire Home Automation Ltd trading for approx four years have a range of devices that can be internet connected to remotely control your heating.

I've had a good poke around the website:
https://www.inspirehomeautomation.co.uk

I like what I see, I've also emailed them for additional info and I got a very quick reply, to my first email anyway.

I have concerns though it looks as though you can only use / access the device via there own website / servers. This worries me because at the mo if the young company goes belly up your left with a very expensive piece of completely useless kit.

If you have one of these have you tried accessing the device directly via its own ip address from the network is connected too to see what you get. Are you prompted for a username and password, if so have you tried entering the same info you do to access the device from the manufacturers website?

Very interested in buying some of these but want to be sure I'm not left with a very expensive piece of junk if the company goes belly up.

Do you have and use one and if so what are your experiences so far?

Another problem I have with them is they don't disclose there trading address on there own website although its easy enough to find for those that know how but this also makes me suspicious too.

We have one (in fact we have one at our holiday home and one at home). They're excellent - and their support is fantastic.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

That's good news.

Have you ever tried logging into the device directly via its IP address using your browser at all?

If you have what happens if anything?