Looking for a villa near Begur - would like to book direct

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Jenster

Looking for a villa near Begur - would like to book direct

Post by Jenster »

I am looking for a villa on the coast near Begur for a week this summer and would like to book direct, but so far have had no luck. From the traveler's point of view, I can see how difficult this is and why people end up going through the likes of OD etc.

If anyone has anything suitable I'd be grateful if you would let me know. We are 2 grandparents, 2 parents and two children (8 and 12) and need:

*a sea view (essential for grandma)
*a pool (highly desirable for kids)
*ideally min two bathrooms and 3 bedrooms
*grandad has mobility issues so parking needed, and a lift if there are a lot of steps (he can cope with a normal staircase to an upper floor)
*ideally walking distance to the beach and restaurants but this is flexible as I realize all this is a big ask.

Our budget is around £2000 for a week in August.

Thanks
Jenny
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Well sadly I have had to book through airbnb. I got everything I needed except close proximity to restaurants and the beach (knew that was a long shot), at the right price. It seems that short of spending hours and hours searching (which most guests won't do) we are a long way off guests being able to book direct whatever their requirements :-(
nealh

Post by nealh »

I am assuming where you booked did not have their own web site or if they did you weren't able to find them from the information given in the AirBnB listing?

I think sometimes we forget that people on LMH, in general, are not your normal, average holiday home owner. While we may spend hours (days!) spreading the word about our accommodation via social media etc, we are in the minority. I am also on the Say No to VRBO FB group and am constantly amazed at the number of people who post there that don't even have their own web site let alone do anything else to promote direct booking.

All the time there are owners who are not proactive in securing bookings for themselves, means that the likes of OD/HA, TA and ABB will continue to dominate the market.