Lake District cottage

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
HoneypotCottages

Lake District cottage

Post by HoneypotCottages »

I have guests staying with us in June who want to stay in the Lake District immediately afterwards.

They were thinking of staying around Grasmere but they're open to all options. There are 4 of them (2 adults and 2 children) but they'll consider something larger...

They want to know if I have any recommendations....

Does anyone have a cottage which may suit so I can throw the suggestion their way..?

Thanks.
Andy Smith
golfing girl

Post by golfing girl »

Hi We have 2 cottages in the lakes: Woodside near Newby Bridge, sleep 6 in 3 bedrooms and welcomes up to 3 dogs Woodside was the lodging house for the young mill workers from the Stott Park Bobbin Mill (as featured on BBC 1's Britain's Hidden Heritage) and today the mill is owned by English Heritage. You'll be staying in a piece of history!
Woodside's location is fabulous in the heart of the Lake District National Park and by lake Windermere, with Lakeside and Newby Bridge a stone's throw away!
Fell View near Cartmel, sleeps 4/5 in 2 bedrooms and welcomes up to 2 dogs. Dogs are an extra £10 per stay www.luxurycumbriancottages.wordpress.com
Both cottages have safe secure gardens and are child friendly. Walks from the front door.
I wish I was on the golf course
HoneypotCottages

Post by HoneypotCottages »

Thank you GG...I will pass on your details 8)
Andy Smith
ellerhow

Post by ellerhow »

Honeypot, we have a Eller How House, in the South of the National Park. We sleep up to 6 and the house is a typical Lake District Country House in its own woodland and grounds. There is lots to do and see locally, we are family friendly. www.ellerhowhouse.co.uk
tchn

Post by tchn »

Hi, we've got a place in Eskdale which suits a family of that size and has availability in June. We have our bookings taken through a good local agency. www.sallyscottages.co.uk/underhow
Eskdale is in the West Lakes, so it depends what they are after. It's best really for walking, but we happily entertain our 3 young children in that area. Tom
OSINCLAIR

Post by OSINCLAIR »

Hi we have a cottage just outside Bowness. The cottage has 3 bedrooms, 2 double and 1 bunk. Bowness with all the hustle and bustle is 5 minutes by car. Plentiful walks on our doorstep. Own website in progress, currently available via Tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/VacationR ... trict.html
davhill

Re: Lake District cottage

Post by davhill »

HoneypotCottages wrote:I have guests staying with us in June who want to stay in the Lake District immediately afterwards.

They were thinking of staying around Grasmere but they're open to all options. There are 4 of them (2 adults and 2 children) but they'll consider something larger...

They want to know if I have any recommendations....

Does anyone have a cottage which may suit so I can throw the suggestion their way..?

Thanks.
Hi,

I've a brand new self-catering near Kendal. Guests rent the ground floor, which has a double bedroom with en-suite shower room, and a double sofabed in the living room. Fully equipped kitchen, off-street parking, gas CH.

I just put the website up for review, its www.melmorestables.com

Thanks, David
Property owner in Burneside, Kendal, Cumbria