UK sandy beach in August?

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
louiseddie

UK sandy beach in August?

Post by louiseddie »

Hi all, we usually go to St Ives in August but wondered about a change. Looking for a week somewhere warm in the UK, near a sandy beach. We're in the south west so Cornwall, Wales, Dorset, Devon... and of course wouldn't discount St Ives as it's so lovely!

I know it's peak season so not looking for a deal but, after a bad experience with a holiday rental last year, would prefer a LMH member property! One or two bedrooms (if okay with the owner our well-behaved 3 and 5 years old's prefer to sleep in with us on air beds even if there is a second bedroom).

Thanks for any ideas! Also open to a full or partial swap if anyone fancies a luxury 1-bed on Brighton seafront but not essential.

Thank you!
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Hi Louiseddie

I had an enquiry last night but if she doesn't book I still have the week of 26th August at our beach apartment in Porthtowan (so not far from St Ives). www.seashellsporthtowan.co.uk.

Wouldn't be able to do a swap as we are a family of 4. Shame as I love Brighton and have family nearby.
amandajane

Post by amandajane »

Hi Louiseddie,

Our cottage is between Dartmouth and Salcombe with sandy beaches a short drive, and a huge - but more coarse sand/pebble - one within walking distance.

The master bedroom is really big with plenty of room for a couple of air beds , and a sea view as a bonus.

If you'd like any more details website is
www.restcottage.monfruit.com
kg1

Post by kg1 »

If you are looking for somewhere quiet with a good beach have a look at Mudeford (near Christchurch). Our house is probably a bit too far away for convenience (Lymington) but there are properties there & it's a lovely area to explore - New Forest etc.
louiseddie

Post by louiseddie »

Thank you everyone! Jenster, thank you your place looks lovely, if it had been any other week we'd have snapped your hand off but thinking about it my youngest starts school this September and that week would only give him one day of 'come down' after a holiday. We will definitely think of you next year if we get our act together a bit earlier before everything gets snapped up! Amandajane, again what a lovely place you have and thank you but being walking distance to a sandy beach is pretty high on our agenda given the age of the kids. Kyreniagirl, great tip re Mudeford, thank you! You've all given great food for thought, much appreciated!
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Thanks Louiseddie. I know it's not the most ideal week of the summer hol, especially if you have a little one starting school. Probably why it was the last to go...but was booked this week. Hope to see you next year :)