Facebook

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

Jay GHC wrote:Thanks Russle, good luck with the campaigning. I agree that blogging is a good use of time.

That's interesting Arkvilla.

How did you get 2000+ likes without advertising?

Jay
I invite all my friends list to Like my page and then if someone messages me I also ask them to like it and lots of people on LMH have also liked it, many are random

I don't connect my FB page to Twitter etc, I post to it on it's own so keep it personal to my guests

I do have Twitter and Pinterest and I post to them from my G+ account and that is more general Florida information

Sandra
russellt

Post by russellt »

Essar wrote: this result is remarkable
+1 for sure.

very useful data. thx.
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
johnbourne4

Post by johnbourne4 »

Thanks Essar for putting some figures down, that's really encouraging. I have contacted most of our previous guests by email asking them if they would mind liking our page and sharing. I'm amazed at the response and number of people on FB, over 80% of those emailled have done so. Obviously, they like our village and hopefully like what we do, but I think what I'm finding is that they actually like, more than anything else, is the interaction with FB. What is really surprising is the amount of them in their 70's and even 80's who are on FB. Even the guests who've said they're not on FB have got their relatives to like our page.
Regards, John
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

mmg wrote:Karen Spencer of The Business of Holiday Rental has a facebook masterclass for holiday home owners, it's free to download until 31 January, available from her website or facebook page.
Thanks for this helpful info mmg... have watched the videos and picked up lots of useful tips from Karen (even though I've been using Facebook for a while).
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

I have done a couple of post boosts recently and thought I would share what worked for me.

I boosted three posts - one pretty much an advert for my place, with a collage, link to my website and a 'learn more' button, one a general 'how lovely Cornwall is in May' one, with a short paragraph, nice photo and link to my website, and one 'how great my village is for families' one, again with a short paragraph, collage and website link. I chose my audience as women 25 - 60, with interests in self catering holidays/ABB/HA/HL etc AND Cornwall.

The 'how lovely Cornwall is in May' one got by far the most 'likes' - nearly 100 for £5 - but the advert for my place got the most link clicks, about 70 (for about £12), which is what I'm most interested in. Only two enquiries though, both timewasters.

I invited everyone who liked the posts to like my page and got loads of new page likes, so have greatly improved my ability to 'reach' more people. Subsequent posts on my page have had far more 'likes' and reach than previously, although I don't know if this will last. The link clicks will hopefully help a bit with Google ranking too.

I'm beginning to think that boosting a post a few times a year might be the way to go, to increase page likes and website traffic if nothing else. Having more page likes also allows you to reach and keep reminding previously interested people about your place too I would think.

Would love to hear others' thoughts and what worked for you? Particularly interested in which audiences people chose and how that worked. Thanks