scams

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
gunnhouse

scams

Post by gunnhouse »

I recieved this one about a month ago and ended up with a bogus check for $6400.00. Another neraby innkeeper almost fell for the scam and had held the rooms for about three weeks. I had notified our local visitors bureau and they did a blast email to notify other protential innkeepers.

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
GREETING IN THE NAME OF THE LORD.PLEASE WE ARE THE SHIRLEY METHODIST CHURCH LONDON.WE NEED ACCOMODATON FOR 12 PEOPLE FOR CHRISTIAN CONVENTION IN YOUR HOTEL FOR DURATION OF 14 DAYS FROM 8TH OF OCTOBER - 22TH OF OCTOBER 2006.

INFORMATIONS FOR THE RESERVATION NEEDED:
-12 SINGLE ROOMS OR 6 DOUBLE BEDDED ROOMS

PLEASE GET BACK WITH THE RATE/GRAND COST FOR ALL THIS.
REMAIN BLESSED.

EVANG.MARK WILLIAMS (KSJ)
Shirley Methodist Church, Shirley,
Croydon Coombe Cliff Centre
Coombe Road,Croydon,Surrey CR0 5SP
London.
shirleymethodist@yahoo.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

What a shame that the local inn kept the rooms for 3 weeks !! A good job they weren't conned totally though! What are you going to do with the cheque-frame it? :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Gunnhouse

Do you advertise through a rental website or did this come through to you privately

If so what one was it Most of the websites I advertise through have managed to stop most of the dodgy emails getting through

Im sure they would be interested if you let them know[and could warn others.]