Photos for May bookings

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Jenster

Photos for May bookings

Post by Jenster »

I am updating my listings to try to attract a few May bookings, which are thin on the ground at the moment.

I am struggling with the photos. I have two choices: cosy winter ones with throws and hot water bottles, in acknowledgement of the fact that May might be chilly and cosy is what people want, or light, bright summer ones which is what people (I guess) will be hoping for.

Which would you go for? Personally I would probably be more likely to be attracted by cosy, as May is a bit early for a summer hol, but I don't want to put people off by making them think it will be cold!

Thanks
Jenny

ps the cosy ones are still quite bright - the living room and bedroom ones on my website if anyone wants to take a look
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

I would go with the summery ones - even by now, people are sick of winter and are looking forward to long, summer days. Your cosy pictures might make them subconsciously think that by booking your place, they're extending the winter further.... and they may move on to book another cottage that promises a more summery experience in its photos.

Besides, more often than not, May is fabulous, so even if your guests are unlucky enough to experience a late, cold snap, they'll be unlikely to blame you for misleading them.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Yes, you are probably right...That's what OH said too. Oh well, off to change all my photos yet again!!