Lovely new TV cookery show

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

greenbarn wrote: But James Martin is a car nut as well as a tellychef... He did a programme on and with Jackie Stewart without a saute pan in sight, and very good it was too. Although he did enthuse about driving a De Tomaso, which did lead me to question his palate... :roll:
Yes, that's right - I read an interview with him last week, he has about a dozen cars topping out with a couple of Ferraris. Asked if his girlfriend ever objected, he said that if he buys them in the same colour, she doesn't know the difference!

:lol:
Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

he has about a dozen cars topping out with a couple of Ferraris. Asked if his girlfriend ever objected, he said that if he buys them in the same colour, she doesn't know the difference!
Ouch! I hope for his sake she doesn't read this forum, or the magazine article...... :shock:
Pirou

Post by Pirou »

He's famously dismissive about females apart from his gran. Or his mum, I can't remember.

This seems a safe place for my first post. :) I found the JM show by accident when I had a couple of days chez sofa with a streaming cold last week and I'm enjoying it. I particularly liked a scene from last week where JM had to climb out of a boat on the river and up several very high steps. He grunted and struggled like a 75 year old with bad hips. Made me feel practically agile. It's nice that the show seems to be going to places off the cliché-ed track -don't think I've seen Annecy featured before. I'm looking forward to seeing him head for Brittany and Normandy.