Auctioning an 'off season' week to Fortune 100 execs.?

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Mountain Goat

Auctioning an 'off season' week to Fortune 100 execs.?

Post by Mountain Goat »

I've had an interesting correspondence with a San Francisco journalist who is involved in a charity auction, aimed specifically at Fortune 100 executives. She lists her Provence property on a site we use. PM me for her e-mail address if interested. Looks a sure way of reaching up-market potential customers, plus supporting a worthwhile cause?

MGoat

Her initial introduction to the project, plus video clip:

A colleague here in San Francisco is hosting a silent auction to benefit the Congolese village of Lotumbe, where I am working with friends to support economic development projects. The auction bidders will be US Fortune 100 executives -- a great demographic for vacation rentals of the type we offer. I've offered a week at my place in Provence as an auction item, subject to availability. I wonder if others might be willing to offer a week during their shoulder or 'off' seasons.

I think it's a great way to support a worthy project (with real
accountability) and at the same time showcase properties to a desirable target clientele. Here is the first announcement sent by San Francisco consultant Fran Zone to her clients.

Also, here is a link to my appearance on the US television station KGO-ABC (San Francisco) speaking about the project. At the same URL is a link to a 10-minute documentary about the women of Lotumbe and how they are changing the very social fabric of their village following the gift of two manual sewing machines.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sectio ... id=4530923
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Some more info:

The auction is set for December 1, to take place at the annual holiday salon of Fran Z***, a management consultant here in San Francisco. Her clients, Fortune 100 executives and their guests, will be the bidders.

She is putting together a virtual catalogue that she will distribute in advance in November (we hope to have identified all our items by November 1). The catalogue will include the URLs for the properties available for bidding.

In addition, at the party itself, we will display photos and
information about packages such as ours for which the item itself can't be present. I would rely on you to send us succinct
descriptions and a couple of images of sufficient resolution to print
nicely.

Following the auction, I would then introduce the winner to you and let the two of you work out the dates, etc. Stays at my own home will be subject to availability.

PM and I'll send organiser's e-mail.....

MGoat