Last minute changes to booking

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Last minute changes to booking

Post by Sam V »

Got 2 guests arriving next Saturday. He's decided he now wants to add pool heating, no problem, and now his son plus gf may be joining them for a few days. I'd prefer to know if/when the son arrives before the start of the booking so the beds can be made up ready otherwise the cleaners will need to go in another day. I will be charging an additional charge for extra guests as the booking had a discount for just two occupants but I don't know if to add/mention an extra charge for the cleaners to have to make up the extra room later. My other concern is he had originally mentioned other friends being in the area in their camper van so if I have the bed made up ready and no son arrives it may well get used by camper van friends instead.

... also need to suggest he books air con (heating) and electric blankets!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Just a first thought:

Rather than get involved in the complicated life of this guest, why not just offer a simple choice between the original booking discounted for under occupancy and no extra people OR the whole house with all beds made up for your full list price for max occupancy ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

What's the difference to you and your cleaner if the made-up bed is used by the son or by the campervan friends?

I agree with e-richard's suggestion. That would make it plain that he cannot ask for a discounted price and get full occupancy. Then you'll see how much he wants to holiday with son & gf!
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Thanks Richard, good suggestions

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

Sam V

Post by Sam V »

So, the son isn't coming now after all. I also suggested he add air con for heating and electric blankets, both chargeable but he's firmly requested only pool heating. I did mention there's a Primark in Portimao which will quite likely have a good range of onesies!

Fleur

Post by Fleur »

He's obviously going for the economy option!😉
Fleur
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

It seem strange they dont want heating just pool heating! Maybe they have electric heaters in there camper which they will use in your property?
Otherwise i can just imagine them sitting around your pool at night trying to warm themselves :shock:
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

I'm going to start a fresh post on this chap