Booking.com Payments

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Essar

Post by Essar »

BC are not compliant. It is up to the card processor to be compliant.

I use FreeToBook as my channel manager and through them the FabPay system. The card payments are processed through WorldPay. Even though the card details are available to me on the BC extranet for up to 7-days/3-views I never need to. All card details are held by WorldPay and any additional payments are done through the FabPay system on FTB. I never see card details on FTB or WorldPay. Of course all direct bookings through my website use the same system, I never see card details for these reservations.

Every year WorldPay make me go through a compliance questionnaire to re-establish my commitment to the compliance certificate I was originally issued when I joined the scheme. It's straightforward but very formal.
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Hi Essar

I am following this thread with interest as Booking.com payments have always been a nightmare for me. I get bookings then the guests are mystified why I am then asking for their card details or sending a PayPl link. By using FreeToBook - is there a direct link to Booking.com that picks up the card details entered by the guests and then processes the payment?

Sorry if this is an obvious question.

Thanks

Essar wrote:BC are not compliant. It is up to the card processor to be compliant.

I use FreeToBook as my channel manager and through them the FabPay system. The card payments are processed through WorldPay. Even though the card details are available to me on the BC extranet for up to 7-days/3-views I never need to. All card details are held by WorldPay and any additional payments are done through the FabPay system on FTB. I never see card details on FTB or WorldPay. Of course all direct bookings through my website use the same system, I never see card details for these reservations.

Every year WorldPay make me go through a compliance questionnaire to re-establish my commitment to the compliance certificate I was originally issued when I joined the scheme. It's straightforward but very formal.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I was having this problem too. I've solved it by asking BC to activate the CVC code option (which I can view once only) and processing the booking through Wave Apps. Wave are PCI level 1 compliant. You can enter the guests card details on Wave, you don't have to send the invoice to the guest.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Hells Bells wrote:I was having this problem too. I've solved it by asking BC to activate the CVC code option (which I can view once only) and processing the booking through Wave Apps. Wave are PCI level 1 compliant. You can enter the guests card details on Wave, you don't have to send the invoice to the guest.
Do you have a link to the app?

Thanks.
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

Why not using directly stripe and store on stripe vault the card details?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sorry, forgot the link https://www.waveapps.com/. You can ignore all ths stuff about linking bank accounts, that is just for the accounting package.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

sylvainbg wrote:Why not using directly stripe and store on stripe vault the card details?
Can I use this application with the information stored on Booking.com eg guest card number and CVC code?

Thanks
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

Yes you can directly and no extra cost.

Connect on the dashboard and click on customers or payment if you want to save there the information.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

One reason might be that the processing fees for Wave, despite it using the Stripe platform are less than the processing fees for Stripe.
ianthy

Post by ianthy »

Thanks all this is great info. Now I am off to see if I can put it into practice and solve the headache of Booking.com payment processing.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Hells Bells wrote:I was having this problem too. I've solved it by asking BC to activate the CVC code option (which I can view once only) and processing the booking through Wave Apps. Wave are PCI level 1 compliant. You can enter the guests card details on Wave, you don't have to send the invoice to the guest.
It doesn't solve your main problem which is booking.com is not PCI DSS compliant and if you are asking BC to store the CVC code, you are not going to be PCI DSS compliant. https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pd ... torage.pdf