10 day booking

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
ClareW

10 day booking

Post by ClareW »

Hi- should I offer a mid stay clean/ linen change half way through a 10 day booking? Thanks!
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

For us we do it when it's 7 days more.

You can leave the linen and towels and leave the clients make the beds I think
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

We're not offering luxury or up market (and certainly not charging for it!) so for stays in excess of 7 nights, I leave a second set of clean bed linen and towels.

I work on the basis that this is self-catering and also on the assumption that once installed, my guests don't want me wandering around inside "their" holiday home. If you do go inside for a mid-stay clean, you leave yourself open to accusations of damage/loss of their belongings - and anyway, with all their stuff around, you can't do a proper clean.

I'd far rather not know how messy they are while staying, just so long as they tidy/clean before they leave. :D
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

When I had this situation I asked the guest whether he wanted a mid stay clean or not, and offered a reduction of the changeover cost if not. He chose not.