Holidays Direct Group on Facebook

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Pawprints

Holidays Direct Group on Facebook

Post by Pawprints »

Holidays Direct - Inc Dog Friendly was launched two months ago by three friends who were instrumental in building a similar Facebook group up from 9,000 members three years ago to 50,000 today. We wanted to have autonomy & not be controlled by the other group's founder, who isn't a holiday let owner herself. We're at just under 2,500 members now, in just eight weeks! Several requests a day are being made by guests who are keen to book direct. Owners who are members of our group are reporting taking bookings from our guests already.

A summary of our group....

*Associated owners group, separate from the advertising group, where we share hints, tips, problems, let off steam & where the spreadsheet for our interactive map is held. ALL owners who advertise in our group are welcome

*Free advertising once a day, reply to as many requests as you fit the criteria for

*Interactive searchable map of accommodation advertised in the group - this is proving very popular with guests

*Closed group so guests can post their holiday request in confidence without fear of their plans being viewable by everyone regardless of whether they're a member or not

*Photo albums arranged into area & special interests, post one photo & a description in as many as you fit the criteria for

*Proactive Twitter account where your accommodation will be promoted

*Helpful admin who want you to make a success of your business. We are all owners of quality accommodation ourselves.

Please do join if you think we're a good fit for you :)

http://bit.ly/2miflNj
Last edited by Pawprints on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dog friendly people with dog friendly lettings!
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

Pawprints wrote:
nealh wrote:Very aware that it will take a while to get the numbers needed. Unfortunately I am not that tuned in to the mechanics of Facebook so it is taking me a while to discover how to do things efficiently.

Perhaps you would tell me a bit more about the ethics of promoting the group. For example is it seen as acceptable just to jump in and promote or should you seek permission first?
Myself & two other owners have recently set up a direct booking group on Facebook & have reached 1629 members in just under 6 weeks. We always, always ask permission before promoting our group anywhere on social media. It's just good manners really. As others have posted links here's ours :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1436719879671521/

Good luck with your group. It's time consuming building up your membership but we all have the benefit of having previously built up an already successful group to huge numbers, just under 50,000 currently. There's room on Facebook & other social media sites for lots of groups, choice is always good & we all have different skills to offer.
If ok can I join?

We're not dog friendly though, does that matter?

Sandra
Pawprints

Post by Pawprints »

arkvilla wrote:
Pawprints wrote:
nealh wrote:Very aware that it will take a while to get the numbers needed. Unfortunately I am not that tuned in to the mechanics of Facebook so it is taking me a while to discover how to do things efficiently.

Perhaps you would tell me a bit more about the ethics of promoting the group. For example is it seen as acceptable just to jump in and promote or should you seek permission first?
Myself & two other owners have recently set up a direct booking group on Facebook & have reached 1629 members in just under 6 weeks. We always, always ask permission before promoting our group anywhere on social media. It's just good manners really. As others have posted links here's ours

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HolidaysDirectUK/

Good luck with your group. It's time consuming building up your membership but we all have the benefit of having previously built up an already successful group to huge numbers, just under 50,000 currently. There's room on Facebook & other social media sites for lots of groups, choice is always good & we all have different skills to offer.
If ok can I join?

Sandra
Apologies Sandra, I've only just seen this as I've been away working on my new lets :) Yes of course, please do join. We're not just for dog friendly accommodation, we're for all accommodation booked direct with the owner :)
Last edited by Pawprints on Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little Villa

Post by Little Villa »

Good luck with these FB groups. If there is a European (or similar) FB group out there, I would be very grateful to hear about it. I have joined 'Vacation Rentals from Owners' which is US based and 'Holiday in Croatia' but nothing has come of either so far. If I knew more about FB I would start one myself, but I know my limits :?
Pawprints

Post by Pawprints »

Little Villa on a Hill wrote:Good luck with these FB groups. If there is a European (or similar) FB group out there, I would be very grateful to hear about it. I have joined 'Vacation Rentals from Owners' which is US based and 'Holiday in Croatia' but nothing has come of either so far. If I knew more about FB I would start one myself, but I know my limits :?
You'd be very welcome to join Holidays Direct, we have quite a few European owners advertising with us already :)
Little Villa

Post by Little Villa »

Thank you very much Pawprint! I have made my request to join. :D
arkvilla

Post by arkvilla »

Pawprints wrote:
arkvilla wrote:
Pawprints wrote: Myself & two other owners have recently set up a direct booking group on Facebook & have reached 1629 members in just under 6 weeks. We always, always ask permission before promoting our group anywhere on social media. It's just good manners really. As others have posted links here's ours :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1436719879671521/

If ok can I join?

Sandra
Apologies Sandra, I've only just seen this as I've been away working on my new lets :) Yes of course, please do join. We're not just for dog friendly accommodation, we're for all accommodation booked direct with the owner :)
Thank you, I've just requested to join :)
arkvilla

Post by arkvilla »

Pawprints wrote:
Little Villa on a Hill wrote:Good luck with these FB groups. If there is a European (or similar) FB group out there, I would be very grateful to hear about it. I have joined 'Vacation Rentals from Owners' which is US based and 'Holiday in Croatia' but nothing has come of either so far. If I knew more about FB I would start one myself, but I know my limits :?
You'd be very welcome to join Holidays Direct, we have quite a few European owners advertising with us already :)
I've requested to join but it seems I have been blocked for some reason?

Sandra
Pawprints

Post by Pawprints »

arkvilla wrote:
Pawprints wrote:

Sandra
I've replied to your pm Sandra 😊

I'm afraid I'd posted an incorrect link initially, which I've edited in my original post. This is the correct link

arkvilla

Post by arkvilla »

Pawprints wrote:
arkvilla wrote:
Pawprints wrote: You'd be very welcome to join Holidays Direct, we have quite a few European owners advertising with us already :)

Sandra
I've replied to your pm Sandra 😊

I'm afraid I'd posted an incorrect link initially, which I've edited in my original post. This is the correct link

ahh, ok, thank you Julie, I'm in now :D

Sandra
Pawprints

Post by Pawprints »

Updated info below :)

Holidays Direct - Inc Dog Friendly was launched two months ago by three friends who were instrumental in building a similar Facebook group up from 9,000 members three years ago to 50,000 today. We wanted to have autonomy & not be controlled by the other group's founder, who isn't a holiday let owner herself. We're at just under 2,500 members now, in just eight weeks! Several requests a day are being made by guests who are keen to book direct. Owners who are members of our group are reporting taking bookings from our guests already.

A summary of our group....

*Associated owners group, separate from the advertising group, where we share hints, tips, problems, let off steam & where the spreadsheet for our interactive map is held. ALL owners who advertise in our group are welcome

*Free advertising once a day, reply to as many requests as you fit the criteria for

*Interactive searchable map of accommodation advertised in the group - this is proving very popular with guests

*Closed group so guests can post their holiday request in confidence without fear of their plans being viewable by everyone regardless of whether they're a member or not

*Photo albums arranged into area & special interests, post one photo & a description in as many as you fit the criteria for

*Proactive Twitter account where your accommodation will be promoted

*Helpful admin who want you to make a success of your business. We are all owners of quality accommodation ourselves.

Please do join if you think we're a good fit for you :)

http://bit.ly/2miflNj

Post by Happy Days »

Just looked at theFacebook Page, but read that you do not accept B&Bs.
Is there a similar group for B&Bs?
Pawprints

Post by Pawprints »

Happy Days wrote:Just looked at theFacebook Page, but read that you do not accept B&Bs.
Is there a similar group for B&Bs?
I'm afraid I don't know Happy Days :)
Pawprints

Post by Pawprints »

We're about to reach 3,000 members, and we're still in our first 3 months. Owners are reporting bookings directly from our group on a daily basis. This proves there is strong demand for accommodation advertised in a well run Facebook group. If you fit our advertising criteria please do join us!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

We, (three very experienced holiday rental owners) have reached our 3,000 members in less than 3 months on our facebook group. Many longstanding hatters will know I've been a member of LMH from the start. :-)
Alongside the main offers and wants group we also have an owners group which is available to ALL active owners who advertise with us. We're fast growing and friendly so give us a look as a guest or owner.