Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners


 
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Website Review for Larrival Cottage in France please

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index ->
Website reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SPJ



Joined: 28 Dec 2015
Posts: 117
Location: Aquitaine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Website Review for Larrival Cottage in France please Reply with quote

Just putting the final touches to a website that I've put together under the guidance of Alan Egan - his help through his videos has been invaluable, if there's anything that doesn't work, that's down to me, not Alan's advice. I'd really appreciate any feedback please.

Thanks. Sue

And especially thanks to Alan.

http://larrival.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
newtimber



Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 1589
Location: Brighton

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd really like to know the basic information on the home page - ie how many it sleeps, in how many bedrooms and where it is. It looks great, but as a guest, I wouldn't spend time trying to find this out and would search elsewhere (I eventually found it below the fold on the 'our cottage' page).
_________________
Newtimber Holiday Cottages Facebook Page
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SPJ



Joined: 28 Dec 2015
Posts: 117
Location: Aquitaine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newtimber wrote:
I'd really like to know the basic information on the home page - ie how many it sleeps, in how many bedrooms and where it is. It looks great, but as a guest, I wouldn't spend time trying to find this out and would search elsewhere (I eventually found it below the fold on the 'our cottage' page).


Thanks Newtimber. Really good point. That's why it's so useful to have other people look at it. Never occurred to me!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SPJ



Joined: 28 Dec 2015
Posts: 117
Location: Aquitaine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newtimber wrote:
I'd really like to know the basic information on the home page - ie how many it sleeps, in how many bedrooms and where it is. It looks great, but as a guest, I wouldn't spend time trying to find this out and would search elsewhere (I eventually found it below the fold on the 'our cottage' page).

Hello Newtimber, just to say I've updated the front page with the info you suggest. Hope this is better.

http://larrival.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
newtimber



Joined: 24 Nov 2012
Posts: 1589
Location: Brighton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really a question not a criticism. I'd never heard of salt water pools so I decided to do some research. You say that
Quote:
Our pool is a joy – using a salt-based system it is kind to eyes and skin and the water feels “soft”.


I found on the web this page http://www.spectralightuv.com/salt-water-pools which says
Quote:
But when a salt pool is compared to a well maintained pool, there is no noticeable difference in how the water feels, looks, or tastes.
and the main benefit is financial. The site also talks of the risk of high chlorine levels and need for UV disinfection which made me concerned about the safety and wanting to know more about it. I couldn't find anything further on your site.
_________________
Newtimber Holiday Cottages Facebook Page
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SPJ



Joined: 28 Dec 2015
Posts: 117
Location: Aquitaine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newtimber wrote:
This is really a question not a criticism. I'd never heard of salt water pools so I decided to do some research. You say that
Quote:
Our pool is a joy – using a salt-based system it is kind to eyes and skin and the water feels “soft”.


I found on the web this page http://www.spectralightuv.com/salt-water-pools which says
Quote:
But when a salt pool is compared to a well maintained pool, there is no noticeable difference in how the water feels, looks, or tastes.
and the main benefit is financial. The site also talks of the risk of high chlorine levels and need for UV disinfection which made me concerned about the safety and wanting to know more about it. I couldn't find anything further on your site.


Hi Newtimber. This link may help.
http://www.bluescience.com/swimming-pools/posts/how-does-a-saltwater-pool-work/
You may also want to bear in mind that your link is to a company selling UV systems - so they are hardly objective!

Certainly our personal experience has been a noticeable difference in the quality of the water and how gentle it is on the eyes. (I used to wear goggles, I don't any more.) We used to put chlorine in our pool and then had an opportunity to change the system when we built the pool house. Certainly our guests appreciate it. And by the way we have always maintained our pool really well - whatever the system and our decision to change was purely based on wellbeing - chlorine ain't a great thing to be handling.

Given that you hadn't heard of saltwater pools - and I suspect you are far from alone - I'll add a short page somewhere that explains more about saltwater pools and how they work and the benefits.
Thanks again for your input.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VillaAntonioLanzarote



Joined: 03 May 2016
Posts: 71
Location: Nazaret, Lanzarote

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Nice web site - Like the dogs !
The only comment I could make is of the internal photos
It looks very dark and all the lights are on , if possible I would take some more photos , as the cottage looks wonderful

Hope that helps

larry
_________________
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SPJ



Joined: 28 Dec 2015
Posts: 117
Location: Aquitaine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VillaAntonioLanzarote wrote:
Hi
Nice web site - Like the dogs !
The only comment I could make is of the internal photos
It looks very dark and all the lights are on , if possible I would take some more photos , as the cottage looks wonderful

Hope that helps

larry


Thanks Larry, good point. I thought the lights would make the photos look brighter. We'll be moving out in a couple of months and I'll take some fresh photos then when the cottage is back to gite mode.

Thank you for liking the cottage (and the dogs!) It is wonderful. Your's looks great too. I like the interactive plan on your site. How did you do that?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
greenbarn



Joined: 30 May 2009
Posts: 5975
Location: The Westmorland Dales, Cumbria

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the lights on is a must - they add highlights, interest and atmosphere.

However, it’s possible that one or two of the interior shots could benefit from a minor tweak to the exposure to lift them a bit without losing the emotion. Worth a try.
_________________
Our Facebook page
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SPJ



Joined: 28 Dec 2015
Posts: 117
Location: Aquitaine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbarn wrote:
Having the lights on is a must - they add highlights, interest and atmosphere.

However, it’s possible that one or two of the interior shots could benefit from a minor tweak to the exposure to lift them a bit without losing the emotion. Worth a try.


Thanks Greenbarn. Will do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VillaAntonioLanzarote



Joined: 03 May 2016
Posts: 71
Location: Nazaret, Lanzarote

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Interactive floor plan Reply with quote

Hi

The interactive floor plan I got is a compromise
My web site is built on Wix
I took the floor plan and put a thumb nail image in each room with it set to enlarge when you click on it
I have seen other web sites where they have used a purpose built application but not on Wix

Larry
_________________
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SPJ



Joined: 28 Dec 2015
Posts: 117
Location: Aquitaine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Larry. Maybe a compromise, but works really well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sazzleevans



Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Posts: 294
Location: costa de la luz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great website!
_________________
www.islacanelaholidays.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index ->
Website reviews
All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group