Credit/Debit Card machine

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Possibly a lot of my questions have been already addressed however i am more and more being asked " do i take credit/debit cards" at the moment i dont ( only bank transfer & paypal)
Various software and companies have been mentioned on LMH

Waveapp/stripe for example does anyone use these linked to booking sites such as B.Com ,Expedia,
Who insist that if property owners dont have their own merchant terminal to take credit cards direct are responsible of collecting payment themselves of course this is ok with future bookings but not last minute as without payment prior to arrival you are leaving yourself open to cancellation or even no shows
This is something on my list for 2018 to look at taking credit cards the most easy and secure way
So i would appriciate some feedback from owners who currently use a virtual credit card processing system with success
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I would not think that you could incorporate a Stripe card payment system directing money received to your own bank on, or linked to, an OTA site. Expedia (i.e. HA and others) have their own card proessor, HolidayRentPayment, who charge more than twice the commission per transaction, which is 3% against Stripe's 1.4% (in Europe).

If you have your own private website you can install Stripe on there and doing that has worked very well for me so far. If people want to pay me by card, I just direct them there.

I have noticed on one or two HA listings which I have looked at that a guest can make card payments to HRP using a card payment panel inset into the owner's actual advertisement.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

I am still mulling over the Wave app system like AndrewH says it maybe something i have to instal on my own website and direct guests there however with all these OTA's blocking guests personal details and any of my details i.e website link when replying on their " dashboard " might need some working out
to put another angle on this Acceptance of credit cards does anyone have positive experience on POA ( card readers) as most merchants i know of seem to charge X per month for the machine then x for transactions making the process quite costly Paypal offer a card reader but only in the UK , i have asked my bank about direct options with them but i know it will not come cheap so if i am going to go down the credit/debit card acceptance route i really need a company that is secure and works with most OTA's
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Zur Alten Weinkelter wrote:I am still mulling over the Wave app system like AndrewH says it maybe something i have to instal on my own website and direct guests there however with all these OTA's blocking guests personal details and any of my details i.e website link when replying on their " dashboard " might need some working out
We are sure that we have read somewhere that OD/AB/HA are only going to blank the renters details until they have paid the "service fee" to them. For subscription adverts anyway.

If you were to set your payment as "alternative" then you could direct them to your website once the booking has been set to go.

Maybe wrong though as had a long days cleaning today and more tomorrow in this heat! Another LHMers may be able to give more information.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

You can email an invoice for CC payment from Waveapps, but you can't add it to a website. For that you would need to create a form and connect it to your Stripe account. I've used Jotform for mine, but there are other options.