Holiday Havens

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Fraise

Holiday Havens

Post by Fraise »

Last year I was quite pleased with them and they responded to e-mails quickly. This year I have had no enquiries from them but when I e-mailed them, months ago, I got absolutely no response. I e-mailed them a few times subsequently and still got no response -this was odd as they had been so conscientious before and seemed to be a really nice family. Wonder if something has happened to them? I hope not :?
paolo

Post by paolo »

For reference, holiday havens is one of the sites that have been caught out on this forum when the owner pretended to be a satisfied customer. That does not necessarily reflect on the efficacy of the site, but it tells you something.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

HI Paolo,

Youve guessed Im not related then.... :roll:

As I said on my previous posting initially I didnt name them but Ive emailed them twice now and havent got a reply......

After sending a test email to myself I realised the last enquiry was exactly a year ago....not great...... :evil:

Helen B posted previously that she hadnt had much response either.

Im a bit annoyed with myself because Im usually quite concientious about checking sites out but to be honest as I hadnt had an email for so long I think I forgot I was listed with them.....

Im not the only one whose disappointed as Ive had a few pms.from other forum users.

Hopefully if they read these postings we might get a response if not it says it all really......... :roll:
garlic

Post by garlic »

Um I've had an email asking me if I'd like to renew my listing...but I haven't had a single enquiry
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Was this e-mail recently? At least it shows that someone is alive and well but the other posts don't augur well :?
garlic

Post by garlic »

Sunday
garlic

Post by garlic »

Actually looking at it again it's sort of 'wrong' It looks like an auto-mailing and keeps refering to 2006:
Thank you for listing your accommodation 'South France Gite and walking holidays in stunning surroundings' on the HolidayHavens web site and taking advantage of our trial listing period. We hope that you have found the web site easy to use, feature rich and that we have generated interest for your property during this time.

Our records indicate that we have not heard from you regarding your property web page created on the HolidayHavens web site, Unfortunately if we do not hear from you in the next 14 days, property details will be removed from the site. The web page created for 'South France Gite and walking holidays in stunning surroundings' has now ended and will shortly be removed, to keep your accommodation active on the web site we are pleased to be able to offer you a new reduced rate for web pages extended during summer 2006:

New 2006 Summer Web page listing extension packages.

1 property web page
- 12 months listing £30 pounds
- 24 months listing £45 pounds

2 properties / web pages
- 12 months listing £45 pounds
- 24 months listing £75 pounds

3 properties / web pages
- 12 months listing £60 pounds
- 24 months listing £100 pounds

You will also continue to have access to

- Availability Calendar that can be used from any Web site.
- Optional direct link to your own web site.
- Rotational front page listing.
- New Discussion forums.
- Further discounts for listing more than 3 properties (contact us).

The accommodation we have listed under your named user account is:

If you would like you listing to stay active on the web site, please could you confirm your chosen property listing option with us in the next 14 days. Payment for extending your listing can be made in a number of ways.

- Instant and secure online credit card payment from your user administration area, just select the buy now button and follow the instructions. login - holidayhavens.co.uk/admin
- Payment by post with a Bankers cheque/draft to our HolidayHavens offices (Address below).
- Electronic fund transfer from your bank to our Business account in the UK, (please contact us for our international SWIFT details).

In the event that you decide not to go ahead, we will be suspending your property information from the HolidayHavens website, so we continue to maintain an accurate portfolio for guests. We will maintain your property images and details in your user area, but your property webpage will no longer be visible in search engines or receive enquiries. Property details can be reactivated at any time by confirming the selected package we have on offer at the time.

May we take this opportunity to offer you our best wishes for the holiday season and we look forward to the prospect of securing our ongoing partnership.

We look forward to your hearing from you.

kind regards
David & Elizabeth
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Fraise, :D

I think youre maybe being a bit too kind ,especially if they are alert enough to send renewal emails but cant be bothered with clients legitimate queries. :cry:

[maybe as theyve already had theyre money.......]

Im waiting for my ...would you like to renew.......should make for an interesting exchange of views... :cry: :evil:

Paolo can you remember when they posted on here ?,

Was it recently?

[just had a thought] maybe you were right after all Fraise Maybe it was their.....' Last Post' ....I can hear the bugle now........

Ros not feeling in the least bit charitable.... :evil:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ros, me neither,nothing, nada, zilch!!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Update,...

Got a email last week saying.... Why were you trying to contact us :?: :evil: ....[...which I had a month previous and 2 weeks previous to that with no response]

Um..... because Im listed on your site...
Um........ because I havent even had an enquiry in the last year...... :cry:
Um.... because I was worried someone might be a bit poorly and couldnt answer the phone or email anyone.
[OK I made that last bit up :shock: ]

All of this was stated on the 2 emails Id sent but I said it all again...
politely[honest] but have heard nothing again........Doesnt bode well..... :cry:

Helen have you had any contact?
[or even more importantly......bookings...enquiries?]
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I had 2 e-mails today asking me to pay up to renew or I will be deleted in 14 days.They sent me the same e-mail a month ago.They didn't answer my e-mail query that I made to them. After several e-mails I did get a reply but it was just standard,not replying to my particular issue. I got one enquiry from them a week or so ago, the first one in about a year! No good though :-(
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Fraise...and others :wink:

Just had an Email from Holiday Havens asking me to renew :evil:
I replied saying that I hadnt even had 1 enquiry this year and had emailed them twice without a proper reply...I was a bit miffed :evil: ...They came back saying they had no record of any emails from me*
[they did send back a 'how can we help' which i replied to ...so they DID know theyve received at least one...but I received nothing after that...this was months ago...]

*Also weve had problems getting emails but they now have a SuperDooper new system to eliminate this in the future..[once Ive sent my renewal....[of course :shock: ]

Theyve reduced theyre renewing fee and as they put it
'It would be a shame to miss the busy :o part of the renting year by not renewing'........

BUSY PART????? Not on their website......

Jan...No Enq

Feb..No Enq

March..No Enq

[youve got the gist.....]

So heres my dilemma :?:

....Do I renew to a Website that hasnt produced one enquiry.....
and also has an Email System that might or might not deliver your message to them...
and then they might or might not reply to you....
unless its a email asking for Renewal..........
[even at a reduced rate]

NO :!:

Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

I took them up on their free trial but will not be renewing, apart from the fact I didn't get any enquiries when I tried to search for properties in my area using their map facility, it came up with the message "Sorry, your search returned no results this time"!! It then invites you to do a more detailed search, which does show up houses in our area. But was concerned that a potential customer just wouldn't bother!

mx
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Tatiana :) ,

Its not JUST about the no enq bit[though obviously thats the main complaint] its the way theyve ignored my emails[and others as well it seems by reading these posts]

Trust me Im not a person you Ignore easily :shock:
But more importantly.
Sometimes potential customers do contact a the rental listing website themselves with queries or wanting advice on the properties offered
and if theyre being ignored as well it doesnt send a good message to the proffessionalism of the firm and also us by being represented by them. :( .......

I must admit they have quoted me a very cheap renewal rate but a percentage of nothing is still nothing!!!! :roll:

But I wouldnt renew with them on principle now. :evil:

Im on lots of other sites that are delivering the goods and
Do respond promptly to any emails I send them!!!!!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

My experience is exactly the same and the renewal fee is much less than it was BUT the e-mail they sent ( repeatedly) asking me to renew looks forward to lots of bookings for 2006 !!!!!!!!!! Hum.......no brainer I think. :? Shame, the year before last they were excellent and did reply to e-mails promptly and produced the goods re bookings :cry: