Remax in Portugal

For topics that are specific to Portugal, please go here.
Jemima Copping

Remax in Portugal

Post by Jemima Copping »

I have had my house in Portugal valued by Remax, and I would like to know if anyone has had experience with them there.Any advice gratefully received.
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
Afrique

Post by Afrique »

I bought an apartment through them, no problems,not sure what they are like if they are selling for you. But I sold a house through Beverywhere, I think they charge a one off fee, they advertise with Right Move,so you get lots of exposure.
teba18

Post by teba18 »

We just sold an apartment in the Algarve and dealt with 3 or 4 agents, mainly local. They all seemed very much the same and all advertised on Rightmove. In the end, the one who sold it was an agent we didn't even know about who contacted us to ask if they could market the property and within about a month, we had a buyer.
Having just been through it, I'd say the most important thing is to get a good lawyer, ideally recommended by someone who's used them. Ours was an absolute nightmare and if the agent hadn't worked so hard to keep things on track - and kept us informed of what was going on - we'd probably have lost the sale.