rsi registration and cotisation abatement

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
wendyandchris

rsi registration and cotisation abatement

Post by wendyandchris »

I Found a few messages regarding these changes and think there maybe some confusion. I am starting a new topic as it has been mixed up with a different topic so may help people find the information better.

I have been researching this for the last few months since I heard about the changes that passed in dec 2016.

It appears that the CCI in our area at least, were only informed on the 21st Feb and they are only just now contacting RSI directly as when I contacted them they hadn't been informed of these important changes which affect me directly as our income from meubles tourisme is over 23,000€

There seems to be some confusion about the abatement described in the law. The abatement for income tax purposes received by classified meubles tourisme , I have been informed IS NOT increasing to 87% from 71% as has been mentioned in some posts.

The abatement mentioned in the law of 87% is off cotisations which we will now be obliged to pay - I had it confirmed by the cci that on registering your meubles tourisme with rsi (as you are now since jan 1st 2017 obliged to do if your chiffres d'affaires is over 23,000€) you will pay 6.9% of your CA in cotisations to rsi. The micr ent and rsi web sites have not yet been updated, so until it is I'm personally not creating the enterprise I am now obliged to do as otherwise I'll end up paying 13.1% as it stands at the moment, I'm waiting until the changes have been made.

You only need to register with rsi if you earn over 23,000 and its your only or main source of income - if you have another source of revenue and pay your cotisations into a different caisse then you can declare and pay cotisations on your gite income with them rather than having to create a business and declare through rsi.

The csg and crds which I pay on my revenue at the moment will now be included in my future 6.9% cotisations

I would think that those gite owners who are already declared as a micro entre will be pleased as their cotisations will now be reduced from 13.1% to 6.9% but you should keep an eye on this as if you are paying monthly then you will of been overcharged as as far as I am aware there is no 6.9% box available yet

As far as I am aware the abatement for income tax purposes of 71% remains the same

What is not clear is the effect for non resident gite owners earning over 23,000€ - I would hope they won't be forced to pay cotisations as they have been forced to pay csg etc

Details of the law here article 18
https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/eli/loi/ ... 7/jo/texte

Would be pleased to hear from others who have been trying to find out more on this subject as I have been very confused on the matter too - if the 87% abatement is fiscal ie on my income tax then it is of no benefit to me as we don't pay much income tax anyway with 71% but if its an 87% abatement off cotisations meaning the difference between now paying 13.1% and 6.9% cotisations then it means a huge difference to me so I am hoping I am correct !
Debby K

Post by Debby K »

I have been researching also. I am LMNP Micro-bic. I am not registered with the CCI and am not obliged to be, because I don't offer at least three of the following things:

le petit déjeuner ;
le nettoyage quotidien des locaux ;
la fourniture du linge ;
la réception de la clientèle.

If you are not registered with the CCI you can't be considered as professional. I will without a doubt have to pay the cotisations but I believe I will be able to pay through the régime générale as oposed to RSI.
wendyandchris

Rsi

Post by wendyandchris »

I would be interested to find out more about that . I had understood that you didn't have to pay through rsi but only if you already pay into a caisse ie gites are your secondary income. It's our main income but don't want to form a micro if not necessary. I had also thought (so again would be interested to find out more) that due to the increase in people renting out places (through airbnb and the like) the gvmt has tightened up on this area and has declared all short term tourist rentals earning over 23000 are now to be considered commercial . Does commercial equal professionelle? Do you have any links I can look at. Thanks.
Debby K

Post by Debby K »

The régime générale is paid through URSAFF I think as opposed to RSI. From all i've heard it is best to steer clear of RSI. My gites are my only income. I have had a contrôle by the tax office and they seem to think I am doing the correct thing being LMNP Micro-Bic but not auto-entrepreneur.

https://www.urssaf.fr/portail/home/actu ... ur-la.html
wendyandchris

ursaaf

Post by wendyandchris »

Thank you Debby that link certainly seems to suggest that cotisations can be paid that way. I shall be contacting ursaaf to ask. Will let you know what they say.

Thank you