Staysavr - App for direct Guest Contact

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
sueb

Staysavr - App for direct Guest Contact

Post by sueb »

Just saw this information on https://www.facebook.com/groups/Associa ... rtyOwners/

“Staysvr APP has just been launched to provide a Programme to Communicate Direct with Rental Property Owners. Download the APP to view Property Owners contact details on Holiday Property Advertising Websites and avoid their booking fees.
If you are a Holiday Rental Property Owner join the Staysavr associates programme to ensure your contact details are displayed on Holiday Property Advertising Websites. https://staysavr.com/

Has anybody used this app, would there be any problems with joining, is this a way around the current issues with these listing sites, charging our guests booking fees and trying to take direct control of our holiday rental businesses?
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

No idea I'm afraid, but I'm going to keep an eye on this thread!

It seems like everyone wants to seize an opportunity brought about by the corporate greed knocking about at present.
vfmfca

Staysavr

Post by vfmfca »

To get the benefit of this app Holiday Property Owners need to sign up with StaySavr and promote the use of the app so potential guests start to use it to avoid booking fees and deal directly with the owner. If you like the idea of potential guests being able to deal direct with owners then leave a review on Trustpilot https://www.trustpilot.com/review/staysavr.com
The past, present and future walk into a bar, it was tense!
Administrator of Holiday Home Rentals Facebook Group (List you Holiday Rental) https://www.facebook.com/groups/812251865631382/
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I have used the app and it worked very well on the initial test run.

A bit more background info.

1) In order for it to show owners' email and web links, the owners have to become members (free).

2) It's more than just a browser extension; Combined with the website and membership system, it has a mechanism for owners to spread the word to renters and then for renters to spread the word to other owners

3) An experimental feature in the Chrome version is that it works on hotel sites too (Booking com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels com etc)

I have no connection with the site, I'm just an interested user.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Good idea, I've signed up too - Sueb's link is slightly wrong, use Staysavr instead.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

KathyG wrote:Good idea, I've signed up too - Sueb's link is slightly wrong, use Staysavr instead.
Ah yes sueb you've also linked it to the closed facebook group which people would then have to join in order to see the conversation.
COYS

Re: Staysavr

Post by COYS »

vfmfca wrote:To get the benefit of this app Holiday Property Owners need to sign up with StaySavr and promote the use of the app so potential guests start to use it to avoid booking fees and deal directly with the owner. If you like the idea of potential guests being able to deal direct with owners then leave a review on Trustpilot https://www.trustpilot.com/review/staysavr.com
+1
No harm in a little education.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

:lol: yay!
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Should this thread be moved somewhere more private?
COYS

Post by COYS »

NeatandPicky wrote:Should this thread be moved somewhere more private?
It's not my tool so that's for the boss to decide, but isn't circulation critical to any success?
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

How does it make any money?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Nigel Goodwin wrote:How does it make any money?
Well, you don't have to charge anybody anything in order to get rich. Look at the inventors of SnapChat !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Just had a quick look with some neighbours' listings... it seems as though owners need to register to get their details seen.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

It's very clever. ..and will be welcomed by many owners I imagine. It puts the power balance back with guests and owners. If guests are happy to pay commission then they can ignore it.

Let's hope the sites don't develop a way of blocking it.

Mousie (wishing she'd gone commission now :lol: )
x
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Mouse wrote:If guests are happy to pay commission then they can ignore it.
I could be wrong, but I think that it does not work like that.
It seems that StaySavr OVERWITES the booking button on HomeAway such that the only way a guest can communicate with the StaySavr owner is direct.

Battle lines have been drawn: StaySavr Vs Expedia.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !