wordpress and credit card payments

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
golfing girl

wordpress and credit card payments

Post by golfing girl »

We have a wordpress site and now would like to take payments by credit cards. What works best? Strip? wave? transfer wise? world pay? So confused!!!
Many thanks for any advice as I feel so out of my depth.
I wish I was on the golf course
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'm using Wave invoicing but you cannot embed it in your website, you simply issue an invoice when someone wants to pay by card. It is powered by Stripe though, so you could look at getting Stripe embedded. I had a quote for doing so but it was more than I wanted to spend currently hence trying Wave first.

It really depends on the amount of card payments you're likely to take. You could get quotes from several providers or sign up using a body such as the Federation of Small Businesses which I believe have a deal with a company.

Have a search on here, there are lots of threads on the subject. Maybe that's why you're confused. :wink:
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

You can also used a channel manager that offer booking widget for website (using stripe).
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Something like this, although I have no idea if this fits the criteria, but worth investigating the different products available. https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/stripe-payments/

When I looked into it, there was quite a lot of work with getting the site secure etc, but that's changing now anyway with the google changes on secure sites and worth many of us investigating. I know you can now get a free secure page whereas previously you had to pay.
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

Check beds24.com

They offer a page so it's quick to make
golfing girl

Post by golfing girl »

thanks for all your advice. Have to go away and think about what to do.
I wish I was on the golf course