New website in Corsica - Please a feed-back

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
populuvivu

New website in Corsica - Please a feed-back

Post by populuvivu »

Hi everybody,

I'm corsican. I'm new on LayMyHat. I find it very interesting for property and website owners who wants to improve themselves. I've just built my website on my own. But now i'm wondering if it runs well on every browser and if it is clear to understand.
Please, tell me everything you see to improve it. I hope there are not too many mistakes in the writing.

Regards.
Let's fight for the rights of corsican people.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Pop.... :D

Cant seem to get your website to view....might be me though?????? :roll:

PS
Got it now pop!
must have been me :oops: .... Welcome to the Forum... :D
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it as useful as we have.

Your site loads fine for me and it was quite fast, but I found it hard to read because of the size and colour of the font, also you have no page titles so Google etc will have a hard time finding you. On your link "The Extreme south of Corsica" the link goes straight to the Direct Corsica site which lists lots of other properties so you might lose people to that site.

Other than that it looks fine to me. I am not the most technical person on this forum and I sure they will have more comments.

Its nice not to be the only one in Corsica on Lay My Hat!
Cheers
PC
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Hi

Sorry, but I found the italic font and colour on the homepage difficult to read. The rental rates/dates page colours are not pleasing to the eye which are all done in italic and was hard to read too.

The following pages were fine and clear and I like the idea of having the online T& C's in English and French.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Populuvivu,

I am delighted that you have joined the Forum. It’s not that I want to review your website; I’m in no way qualified to do that. It’s for personal reasons.

Joan and I are thinking about our next step in life. We are contemplating pulling out of the rental market, selling up and moving to another location in France but “by the sea�. Clearly Corsica, being an island, is “by the sea� but it has only recently dawned on us that Corsica is part of metropolitan France.

We are collecting as much information as we can about Corsica and your website is helping us in doing so.

For our purposes, more links to more local information sites would be better but that’s my only comment on your website.

If you feel so inclined, you could PM me with your observations on “living in Corsica�.

Fluffy
Topcat

Website review

Post by Topcat »

Populuvivu,

Hi, and welcome to the site from a relative newcomer.

Your apartment looks lovely, and so does the area. But I have to agree with others that the font is very difficult to read. It is always too small, and the black on blue is impossible to see (for me, anyway).

I also agree that it's a mistake to put the link on, which offers people options of other villas and apartments. You will definitely lose business this way, especially as that website is so much easier to read.

I hope we haven't discouraged you. The site is basically OK. The links work, the pictures are lovely, it makes me want to be there. But you MUST do something to make the text readable for those of us with less than 20-20 vision!

Best wishes,
Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
populuvivu

Post by populuvivu »

Good evening to everybody,

I'm really surprised by the number of answers i've received yet. This forum is fantastic. I agree with all your comments: the size, the colours of the font as well as the choice of italic font. You all are right, it is difficult to read. I'll correct it as early as i can.
The choice to include another website in mine for informations about Corsica is an easy way for someone who begins like me but i plan to make my own information page about Corsica.
There was no remarks about my english writing, i hope it is understandable.
I'm happy that it seems to work normally on the browsers. Tell me if any problem occurs.
I would like to thank all the people who answer me. Thank you very much for your help. I hope i could do the same for you. Special thanks to Paul Carmel.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

The fact that no one has even commented on your English says it all really - it's completely understandable. It's true, an English native speaker would realise that it is not your first language, in the same way that anyone who is a native French speaker would realise from reading our French site that it isn't our first language either! Anyway a Corsican friend told me that mistakes can be charmant, and we think so too.

On a practical level we always felt, while we could get someone to correct our French site and make it linguistically perfect, that's not who we are, and any French speaking people who book realise that and perhaps make allowances!
Cheers
PC
populuvivu

Allowances for mistakes in writing a foreign language

Post by populuvivu »

Ok Paul,

i think you are right: mistakes can be charmant but it must not be prejudicial to comprehension if i can say so.
I think my website aim at showing english speaking people that they can have a good holiday but also that the manager of the properties is a professional and not a fool... almost he tries to!

Ciao!