New rule 2017 guest info .....

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Sandra

New rule 2017 guest info .....

Post by Sandra »

Just read this elsewhere that it's is required for this year. To be held just for 6 months should the police require any details.
How sad, but it's the way of the world.
Quote<I have a Form from our local Tourist office, Fiche Individuelle de Police des Touristes Etrangers. You have to have the name, home address, date & place of birth, nationality, mobile number, e mail, date they arrived & date they intend to leave signed by the guest! For children under 15 it needs a bit less, full name, date & place of birth, nationality & home address! This has to be filled in for each & every non-French .Regulation bit article R,611-42. >
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

How did this form/information come to your attention.

Should we expect our local tourist offices to contact us and give us the form to complete for our guests? Or, are we supposed to know about this and make our own form?

It seems to me the only additional information required over and above that which I would have on my booking form would be date of birth and nationality.

Our booking form asks for e-mail and mobile number and is signed by the lead guest. But, will every guest now have to sign?
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

And when does/did it come into force and who is going to 'police' it? It sounds like a bit of admin created in the back offices of the bureacracy jungle that will take me time and impinge on our guests. As GillianF says, its not much more than is requried from our booking form but I want to know that it is necessary and the proper follow-ups are in place.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

https://www.service-public.fr/professio ... its/R41514

might explain more. There's nothing about this on either our own Mairie or TO website.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Thanks for that Hell Bells, do you need think you need to keep that for each guest and have it signed be each guest. At the moment I gather the information for the guest who made the booking and just the names and ages (if under 18) of any other guests. This sounds like a nightmare to collect, if we have to do it then we will do but it sounds like a lot of information being collected for no value.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm not on site, and currently don't collect anything other than the information on my electronic booking form. I can add additional options to the 'guest info' I currently collect if required I suppose. My apartment manager could print that off if needed.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Is this already supposed to be in force? I've stayed in several French hotels and a Chambre d'Hote over the winter, and not been required to complete one.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

This has got me going this morning!

I've looked at the link and put it in an e-mail to our local tourist office.

The local tourist office tell us that we pay the taxe sejour on behalf of every guest to provide the tourist office with funds, staff etc. to help us and our guests.

I've told the tourist office (specifically, the woman who writes to me with information about 'animations') that I've found this on a private forum and asked if they are intending to advise/inform us about it. I have asked them if they are going to provide the form, do we need to do it, who will collect, monitor, verify and keep the information, what's the purpose of it and who will have access to it, what will they do with it.

I feel, very strongly, that this is something they should be telling us about rather than us stumbling upon it - make 'em work for their money.

If it is something we have to do I will have to send a carefully worded e-mail to all my booked guests and ask them to fill in the form for each member of the party and return it to me. What a faff! What if they don't do it?

And, for future bookings I have to ask for this information which might just make them think that visiting France is too much hassle - on top of ferry prices, terrorist attacks, poor exchange rate and everything else which has hit an already struggling market here!
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

In the Charente we were informed last year after the Paris attack & have been getting our guests to fill in ever since, though several UK guests have refused!!! I do have all guest phone numbers & addresses, so if gendarmes ever coome round they can contact the guest if needing more information
yer tis

Post by yer tis »

I also had this last season, it came via local tourist office.
Sue
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

So it would seem our local tourist office have been dragging their feet!

Can I ask what wording, if any, you use to justify asking for date of birth, nationality, signature etc. of each and every guest without putting the fear of God in to them or have you just amended your booking form to ask for it.

And, where do you send the forms or do you just keep them 'just in case'?
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

I give a form to every non-French guest on arrival & say it is now a requirement by the govt - it is up to them whether they choose to complete it.
cartnpa

Post by cartnpa »

We were informed of this requirement last year by our local tourist office( we are in the Charente Maritime). I give the forms to each family on arrival and ask them to complete it and return to me during their stay. So far no one has questioned it.
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

I am with GillianF on this, we have heard nothing from our local tourist office (but then, to be honest we never do, apart from once a year when they remind us to pay the taxe de sejour).
Has anyone asked Owners Direct/TripAdisor/AirBnB etc. what they doing about collecting this information from 'their' guests that we allow them to book into 'our' accommodation? Be a laugh wouldn't it!
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

cartnpa wrote:We were informed of this requirement last year by our local tourist office( we are in the Charente Maritime). I give the forms to each family on arrival and ask them to complete it and return to me during their stay. So far no one has questioned it.
We are in Charente Maritime as well & this is the first time we have heard about it. We dont get any info just a reminder for the T sejour. :?