Facebook group for Cornwall owners?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Jenster

Facebook group for Cornwall owners?

Post by Jenster »

I have started a new thread for this rather than hijack anyone else's. I am thinking of starting a fb group for Cornwall owners. Not quite sure if I'm brave enough or have what it takes but I feel there might be quite a lot of interest for this. I was just wondering if anyone knows if anything like this already exists or whether it would be worthwhile for such a specific area? Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jenny
Comriest

Post by Comriest »

I think there are lots of pages for holiday rentals as opposed to a chat page for owners? Very easy to set up a page though for Cornish owners and either make it closed, public or secret depending on how you want to protect what information is discussed within it?
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Yes sorry I meant for holiday rentals rather than chat. I know there are other groups but part of me thinks targetting a more specific area might be beneficial, especially as Cornwall is such a popular destination. There are lots of 'I love Cornwall' type groups where it could probably be promoted (if they were willing of course)
nealh

Post by nealh »

I say go for it Jenster! When I was looking for a niche site for Cyprus rentals I couldn't find one that seemed effective. So stirred on by BYHD I thought I would start a FB group - www.facebook.com/groups/CyprusHolidayRe ... romOwners/ - first member joined 12/2, had 4 bookings for group members that I know of... and up to 350 members.

Lots of time invested, lots of frustration when members won't/can't follow simple instructions, lots of hand holding but overall it's been worth it. More than happy to share any knowledge if you do decide to go for it.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Thanks Nealh. Food for thought, and I have already picked up a couple of pointers from your group. I think at some point I will bite the bullet and just create the group, then concentrate on promoting it afterwards.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Can I ask if any Cornwall owners would be interested in a 'book direct in Cornwall' group like this? Or do you feel the UK wide groups are enough? Thanks
GRL

Post by GRL »

It may be that regional groups are the way to go or it may not be! What I can say though is that you need to be prepared to put A LOT of time into running a FB group like this and be prepared to get a fair bit of flack along the way :roll:

Let us know what you decide!
nealh

Post by nealh »

Jenster wrote: I think at some point I will bite the bullet and just create the group, then concentrate on promoting it afterwards.
I had been toying with the idea for a while - I had even set the group up then just let it lie there. It was when someone actually found the group (how I have no idea!!!!) and asked to join that I finally got the kick up the backside I needed. A weekend spent doing some research and a bit of time setting out the group properly and off we went!

You know you are going to do it in the end, so why not do it now... go on... Kernow rulz!
Pixiepower

Post by Pixiepower »

I think that a regional page would have some advantages- potentially more networking for owners, and being smaller it would be possible to combine more overt holiday rental promotion type posts with chat and information that would be useful for holiday makers.
I would be interested in joining.
Rachel
Pawprints

Post by Pawprints »

Go for it Jenny. There's huge demand on Facebook, as demonstrated by Holidays Direct's almost instant success. There's plenty of room for various book direct style groups on Facebook & lots of support if you look in the right places too :D Good luck!
Dog friendly people with dog friendly lettings!
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Thanks all...I think at some point I will give it a go, but as people have said I need to decide if I have the time and energy to put to it first. I will post again if/when I do!
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

Hi Jenster. I'm very much a Luddite when it comes to IT so I've talked to my son who does the techi stuff for me. He thinks a Cornwall fb group would be brilliant.
The best things in life are free
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

OK I've gone ahead and done it! Like Nealh, I set up the group a while ago and it was only when someone found it that I was given the motivation to get it off the ground!

I've actually set up two groups, in the hope that one will feed into the other.

One is for all things Cornwall, ie for people to swap recommendations and ask for opinions on great places to stay, eat, visit, things to do and so on. I'm hoping this group will be popular with Cornwall fans and will feed members to the accommodation group.

The groups are open to any Cornwall owners or anyone who lives or holidays in Cornwall, so please feel free to join, share and participate wherever you can!

Cornwall holiday homes from owners: https://www.facebook.com/groups/919799031495722/

Dreams of Cornwall...(recommendations group):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/508328536224100/

I'll be promoting the groups over the next few weeks and hopefully they will turn into a really useful resource for all things Cornwall!

Thanks
Jenny
nealh

Post by nealh »

Just a quick response with more to come later... but wanted to say congrats for going for it! :)
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

Thanks :-). Will be promoting it more over the weekend so will hopefully get a few members to make it look a bit more respectable!

I also meant to say, the Dreams of Cornwall group would be a good place for owners to share any blogs they may have on things to do in Cornwall etc. (but no overt advertising - that's for the other group).