Refund problem - help!

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
HPD

Refund problem - help!

Post by HPD »

Hi I really need some advice please. So a little while ago a couple booked a weeks stay. The husband put his wife's name on booking form as lead name and said it'd be easier to contact her. However it has been him that made deposit payment and two other installments (they didn't ask to pay like this- just did it!). They haven't paid full amount yet. Anyway this weekend the wife emailed to say they've split up so have to cancel. I then emailed the husband and her to the email on form to confirm they wish to cancel and to give me account details to refund the money minus deposit. She's replied confirming and given me account details. However the account is in a complete different name to hers. Now do I refuse, do I say can only be lead name but then that would be her and its him that's made the payments?! I haven't had any contact from him. What would you do?!! Thank you.
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

The husband was right in that it would be easier to contact his wife! Re the cancellation you have only heard from her. Given that the husband has paid, I would continue to try to contact him for him to confirm he is content for you to refund his wife.

As to the third party refund, I would suggest caution. Given the oddities here a little alarm bell went off in my head, but can there be a scam if they are losing their deposit? Personally I would only refund to a lead booking name or the person who has paid, never to a third party.
The best things in life are free
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I would reply to the wife and say that regrettably it will only be possible to refund to the originating account.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Casscat wrote:I would reply to the wife and say that regrettably it will only be possible to refund to the originating account.
+1 - no point in being the innocent party in a divorce ! :wink:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"