Reconnecting Ligne Residence secondaire & Orange Decouve

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
aussiefrog

Reconnecting Ligne Residence secondaire & Orange Decouve

Post by aussiefrog »

Please does anyone know how long it takes to get the phone and internet reconnected through Orange once you've made the request? I suspended both when we left last August, it seems all you have to do is call and ask for a reconnection.

The number I have to call from outside France is:
+33 96 93 93 900
has anyone used it?

If anyone has had experience of this would appreciate any comments.

Thanks in advance.
vacancesthezan

Re: Reconnecting Ligne Residence secondaire & Orange Dec

Post by vacancesthezan »

aussiefrog wrote:Please does anyone know how long it takes to get the phone and internet reconnected through Orange once you've made the request? I suspended both when we left last August, it seems all you have to do is call and ask for a reconnection.

The number I have to call from outside France is:
+33 96 93 93 900
has anyone used it?

If anyone has had experience of this would appreciate any comments.

Thanks in advance.
Once you get through it is 48 hours or so we understand. The problem is getting through. It is only open business hours and is constantly engaged or in a long queue particularly during holiday times.

Good luck!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Answered in less than two minutes at around 11.30am when I called them recently. Earlier didn't even connect.
I used to be able to do it from within my online account.
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

Thank you, vacancesthezan and Hells Bells, much appreciated.

I'm in Australia at the moment so shall have to try and time my call carefully. Sounds as if it's pot luck!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

It is a while since I needed to do this, but I am sure that I just used to do it through my online account. Instructions here https://assistance.orange.fr/telephone/ ... 7969-27691
aussiefrog

Post by aussiefrog »

Thanks Hells Bells, I'll note that for future use. I rang a couple of days ago, it was 6pm here, 10 am in France and I only had a 9 minute wait. Now fingers crossed that it is all working when we arrive in France mid next week.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Hells Bells wrote:It is a while since I needed to do this, but I am sure that I just used to do it through my online account. Instructions here https://assistance.orange.fr/telephone/ ... 7969-27691
I've been meaning to sort this out for about 10 years now! :roll: Does it have to be a special 'Residence Secondaire' line Helen or will it work on any Orange line?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Hells Bells wrote:It is a while since I needed to do this, but I am sure that I just used to do it through my online account. Instructions here https://assistance.orange.fr/telephone/ ... 7969-27691
Unless this has changed recently the link will only allow you to cancel the telephone line and not the internet! Bizarre but we found this last time we tried.

It could have changed though as we found that some of the cheaper offers now available for all year were not much different to having the telephone and internet for 6 months of the year. Life was just too short to spend time on the Orange queuing system. Plus the music becomes just a little annoying after a while.

It is worth doing the maths!
Circé

Post by Circé »

You can connect/deconnect the phone on ligne residence secondaire 5 ways:
Using the automatic service by dialling 3000 from any phone in France
Calling Orange on 3900 (in French)
Calling Orange on +33 09 69 36 39 00 (English, open 9-5 Monday-Friday)
Going into an Orange agence in one of the bigger towns.
On line via your 'espace client'

The same goes for subscribing/unsubscribing Orange Découverte internet except that you cannot do this on line

Not all Orange staff are clued up on the contract. Some are totally useless. I base this on my job of reconnecting over half a dozen lines for various clients every year.
For example, you will probably be told that your phone line must be 'on' when the Découverte contract is running. It does NOT have to be connected, but don't waste your breath arguing with Orange, they are just doing their job. Once you are happy the internet is functionning you can simply suspend the phone line (and pack the phones away from guests).

Two links, in French, re the contract:
http://boutique.orange.fr/internet/offre-decouverte
http://boutique.orange.fr/doc/contrat3456.pdf