Review of rental listing sites

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Rocket Rab

Review of rental listing sites

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi folks,

I just came across this. Haven't had time to look at it in detail, but might be of some interest to those of you hesitating about choice of rental listing site....

http://www.compareownerholidayrentals.com/

Jenny
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Jenny, :D

That is quite a helpful website and I think its now run by someone one who posts on LMH.. :?: .

Ive listed with most of the free sites its mentioned...worth a wiggle.... :wink: :D

Just had another look and Im a bit concerned about the holiday lettings bit....
I think thats the no. that the LMH people were to quote to get extra....unless Im mistaken......
I think that this website is open to all....

Im probably wrong though.......[watch this space....]
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

I listed with Click4Holiday homes but discontinued because it only brought in a few enquiries (less than 20 over a couple of months), so it generated more work than reward..
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Done quite well with Click 4..... :D

started off a freebie
Had 2 bookings last year and Ive already got 3 for 2007 not as many enq as some sites but seems to turn into bookings quite well.

Its surprising I thought I knew the sites that were delivering...
but it wasnt until someone on LMH mentioned bookings & Enq that I checked back.......
I might not have renewed with them if not,
and dont mention Holiday Havens to me or Just Go [I think they just went....]

So thanks to all at LMH.... :lol:
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

Ros wrote:Hi Jenny, :D

That is quite a helpful website and I think its now run by someone one who posts on LMH.. :?: .
Yes, although I havn't posted here for a while, I am a big fan of LMH.

Regards,

Kevin
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Kevin,

The wheel comes full circle! I'm impressed: must have taken you quite a while to compile all that information...

Jenny
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Jenny wrote:I listed with Click4Holiday homes but discontinued because it only brought in a few enquiries (less than 20 over a couple of months), so it generated more work than reward..
Less that 20 enquiries in a couple of months :?: Jeeeeze - how many properties have you got, and how many enquiries do you expect :?: I'd be over the moon if I got that many enquiries from one source in that time frame :!: :shock: :wink:
Chalky

Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Guess we're just lucky that our property is on a small island (limited supply of rental properties) with big demand (boosted by quite a few articles in the UK press this year).

Just hoping it continues...

Good luck with yours.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Chalky :D

Just had a look at your property it Looks lovely

Do you advertise anywhere else apart from your own website? [If you dont mind me being nosey]
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Ros, I advertise on several rental listing sites, some paid-for and some free. My best performer in terms of enquiries is www.villa-holiday.co.uk , but in terms of conversions it's been www.ownersdirect.co.uk this year. A couple of sites which have been good in the past have turned up practically no enquiries this year - www.choosespain.com and www.costavacations.com . In common with other members, I find most of the "freebies" are a waste of time, but as they're free.....

The problem is that there are so many properties available in our area that the choice for the customer is almost endless :!: :cry:
Chalky

Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Chalky :D

Thanks for that its always good to enquire with other owners.
Im in the Costa Blanca & like you theres loads of props
in our Area Im Lucky as weve got the 2 together so thats our selling point.Not that many places where large groups can go.

I noticed that you only ask for full balance 4 weeks ahead does that work for you I used to get it 6 weeeks but this year its been 8 noone seems to mind
Gives you a better chance if you are cancelled...also helps with cash flow.

Ive been with OD a few years now and theyve been pretty consistent,not that many enq but quite a few bookings.

Recently went with Choose Spain
Loads of Enq and a couple of bookings
Click 4 been pretty good as well.

Hope you have a good season
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

I had a free trial on Click4 early last year and had no response at all. They extended the trial because I'd not had any enquiries and it ran until November - still nothing. Maybe it was too early - I might try them for next year.
Chalky

Bellywobble

May be worth a try for you too.

Post by Bellywobble »

I have recently dropped one of our paid listing sites (sadly as they gave a very good service) as holiday lettings have brought us a lot of bookings and I'm confident they will perform well next for us next summer.
One day, just a few weeks ago, when I was feeling a little bored and didn't fancy tackling the ironing, I signed up to a couple of freebies.I didn't expect anything from them, but I've just had a booking for November from Perfect Places and one from Travel Library for February. I wouldn't normally expect bookings for these times, so I'm delighted. I'm also delighted that they are from Canada and Australia, as this means we are reaching new markets. :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kayley :lol:

Good for you,

I went on loads when I first started just put free trial or whatever in the search thingy...
got a couple of bookings....I had one from Perfect places as well...it was a phone call so might not have realised but the prices she quoted were wrong...as i hadnt bothered to update them on that site...when I pointed her to my other sites she was fine and booked both houses even though it was a couple of hundred pounds extra...
Im on Travel Library as well

Especially as the bookings were for hard to book times you deserve a good pat on the back :wink: :) :D
So you never know its worth a wiggle!!!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All :D

Ive just been contacted by yogomogo.com

[yes really] anyone heard of them....

APPARENTLY a special offer, :wink: I know....

havent got over the Jolly Swap Club yet...... :oops: