Review of rental listing sites

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Kevin :D

Whereabouts are you do you rent out?????

Ros Being nosey??? : 8)
emma

Post by emma »

Deleted post
Last edited by emma on Sat May 25, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Perhaps we could put an end to this cycle of listing sites spamming LMHers, and then telling us all about themselves? Maybe by not posting about every new site that contacts us with an offer?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
emma

Post by emma »

Deleted post
Last edited by emma on Sat May 25, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

paolo wrote:Perhaps we could put an end to this cycle of listing sites spamming LMHers, and then telling us all about themselves? Maybe by not posting about every new site that contacts us with an offer?
Surely, Paolo, many of us are interested in finding out about new listing sites. The market may be crowded, but as Click4 seems to have demonstrated (for some people at least) there is still room for a good new site.

Are these people really 'spamming' in the true sense of the word? They are contacting us with a proposition which is probably of relevance to our business, making us aware of their existence, which could be more accurately described as target advertising. :)
Chalky

paolo

Post by paolo »

Chalky,

I have just seen enough threads lately starting 'Has anyone heard of xyz, they sent me an offer of free advertising today?' Then a day later the owner of xyz comes along and persuades us he is a good bloke who has a long way to go, etc. If he can be bothered he will then continue to post (in answer to technical questions), thereby keeping his site front of mind and persuading us he really is a helpful chap. Basically it is free advertising and that isn't the point of LMH.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Paola,

Point taken[by me anyway] :roll:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Paolo
I do see your point, but why don't you give them a section of their own: Blatant Sales Plugs or something, and they can all post as much as they want and squirm around and do whatever they want to do.

If the members of LMH want to dip in then they can. If they don't, we can ignore them.

At least it would be up-front and honest, without all this pussy-footing and exposing stuff we get up to.

I assume you are aware that many of your upstanding, god-fearing LHM members are asked by these guys to introduce them to the Forum? Of course, we cannot be corrupted, but maybe just once in while.....

MGoat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi MGoat... :D

That seems like a good idea...... :wink:

Your not suggesting Ive been corrupted are you...to be honest I just thought it was a weird name...just like the Jolly Swappers......

Do you think theyre sending them to me because Im on the LMH forum then.......dont seem to be getting any more than I used to...?
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Paolo,

MG does have a good point. There's a lot to be said for freedom of choice as long as it doesn't offend anyone...??

Sticking my neck out here...hope it won't get chopped off :wink:
gh

Post by gh »

Who would chop off such a beautiful neck? :roll:

Agree freedom of choice is a wonderful thing; if you ask for it and not being exposed to it uninvited. LMH is for owners granted some owners; own listing sites :wink: but we can see through the chaff to the wheat. LOL
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Johnel, :D

Thats a good point & Jenny
this seems to be getting peoples views which I suppose is what the Forums all about... :wink:
debk

Post by debk »

why don't you give them a section of their own: Blatant Sales Plugs
:) I like it :)
debk
paolo

Post by paolo »

We've talked about this in the past and I might actually do something about it now. I don't think this will prevent sites trying it on in the non-commercial part of the forum though.
I assume you are aware that many of your upstanding, god-fearing LHM members are asked by these guys to introduce them to the Forum?
No, I wasn't aware of it - which sites are doing this?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Paolo,

If someone were to approach me, you would be the first to know. :x

Robert