Leak from sand filter

For anything to do with the garden and pool
NeatandPicky

Leak from sand filter

Post by NeatandPicky »

We have been advised by our pool man that the multiport valve on our 11-year old Jacuzzi L225 sand filter is leaking. It seems due to the age of this model that obtaining a new gasket or multiport valve (not sure which is needed at this stage) will be difficult.

Wondering whether to continue to pursue these avenues or to cut our losses and replace the whole filter.

Would very much appreciate some advice re repair or replacement question, ball-park costs, and supplier suggestions. Villa is in Cyprus, but we are in the UK (going out soon to close up at end of season).

Thanks.
teapot

Post by teapot »

NeatandPicky, just google and the USA pool shops will be able to help you with gaskets or multiport by mail order. It's a common filter so spares are easy and cheap.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

What did you do in the end NeatandPicky? Seems we have a similar problem and need to replace a gasket too, haven't started looking around for suppliers yet though, hoping it won't be impossible!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
teapot

Post by teapot »

Is that a question just for neat and picky, or can I ask what make your filter/multiport is?
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Yes of course John, thought you weren't talking to me, sent you an email yesterday...... :wink:

The filter is a Lacron LSC 36" diameter with a 6 way multi port valve, the pipework to it is 3", only identifying marks on it that I can see is SM30- on the face plate at 3 o'clock.
Kathy
teapot

Post by teapot »

Sorry, I was out all of yesterday but I did reply this morning at 8am but just seen the reply still sitting in my outbox :roll:

Just a question on the 3" pipe, 3" diameter?
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Yep. Sorry didn't want to badger you :wink:
Kathy
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Turns out the info from our pool man was not correct. Rather embarrassing as I had been emailing the pool supplier and asked them to get me a whole new multiport (which I assume they sourced from the USA).

All we needed to do was clean the gasket!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Well that was a lot cheaper N&P! Did it have the desired effect? Maybe that's all that ours needs, we think it's drawing in air though, maybe worth just cleaning it first. :D
Kathy