HA payments

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
agalea80

HA payments

Post by agalea80 »

Hi have a question regarding the HA payments. I have a property currently on commission basis with them. Have had a confirmed reservation and I have set payments as 50% of the total on first confirmation and the other 50% to be paid prior to check in. The guest is having trouble putting through the second payment. (Have told them to contact HA customer care). The guest has asked if they can pay the second 50% directly.

My question is what would happen if they did pay it directly, since funnily enough HA has released the direct contact details of the guest after the first payment?

(As a side note I find that outsourcing their payment processing to another company is very unprofessional for a large company such as Homeaway)
Holiday accommodation in our Houses of Character, on the sunny, beautiful and relaxing island of Gozo.

www.gozofarmhousevacations.com
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

I am on subscription but afaik nothing untoward happens if the guest pays you directly. HA will have already taken their fee with the first payment so wouldn't be too bothered I wouldn't think. When I have had this situation I have just marked the payment as paid in the dashboard and that was the end of it.
AndrewH

Re: HA payments

Post by AndrewH »

agalea80 wrote:(As a side note I find that outsourcing their payment processing to another company is very unprofessional for a large company such as Homeaway)
Yes, and to a company in a different country (Eire) from the country in which their company is registered (England). I am talking about HA(UK).
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

agalea80 wrote:(As a side note I find that outsourcing their payment processing to another company is very unprofessional for a large company such as Homeaway)
Actually it makes sense to me as HA are experts at holiday rentals, but not experts at finance and banking.

Mind yiou, you could argue whether they are experts at holiday rentals :wink: :D
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
COYS

Post by COYS »

e-richard wrote:
Actually it makes sense to me as HA are experts at holiday rentals, but not experts at finance and banking.

Mind yiou, you could argue whether they are experts at holiday rentals :wink: :D
+1
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.