90 x 100 beds - Nightmare size - bedding query

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Tillee

90 x 100 beds - Nightmare size - bedding query

Post by Tillee »

Hi - I am trying to find Egyptian Cotton sheets to fit 90 x 200 zip & link beds. I need white and so far have only found Bedding Direct to have these in stock.
Which thread count is best for being crease free in your experience? I'm hoping to send to Johnsons laundry service, who say they cannot guarantee to get the creases out of Egyptian Cotton as they only use normal household type irons.
Acton & Acton, English Trading Company & The Linen Cupboard are other companies which make them to order I believe. Does anyone have any good experience with any of these companies please?
Sunny Devon Is A Good Place To Be
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Maybe you could try a german supplier " my property is in germany and my single beds are 90 x 200 cm or i use 2 mattresses on a double frame making 180 x 200 cm however most of the sheets used here are fitted ( with the elastic edges) Spannbettlaken so i do not if this would work with the zip link
For online purchases you could try amazon de or Erwin mueller.com as the size you are after is normal single sizes in germany IKEA.de also do this size

Good luck

Maria
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I got this size (but pure cotton percale) from The Linen Cupboard with no problem, shipped the day I ordered them. I can't remember the thread count but it must be high as they are bloody difficult to iron!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Do you mean Bedlinen Direct when you say 'Bedding Direct'? https://bedlinendirect.co.uk/90cm-x-200 ... bed-linen/ IKEA also do 90x200 as a standard in their fitted sheets, e.g. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/text ... -50314507/ Their cotton percale sheets are actually rather good.
Tillee

Thank you for your replies - much appreciated.

Post by Tillee »

I am now deciding which cotton to get as I need to have minimum 200 thread count. (Visit England)
I want to use a laundry service & the only one in my area uses a normal household iron. They have said they can't get the creases out of John Lewis & The White Company Egyptian cotton sheets. Any recommendations on easy care 200 thread count sheets would be welcomed.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Here's the link to The Linen Cupboard.
https://linencupboard.co.uk/collections ... gle-90x200
greenbarn

Re: Thank you for your replies - much appreciated.

Post by greenbarn »

Tillee wrote:I am now deciding which cotton to get as I need to have minimum 200 thread count. (Visit England)
A VE assessor must follow what is laid down in the VE Quality Standard Document for Self Catering; there is nothing in the Standard that specifies the thread count of bed linen.

In fact all the Standard says is that where linen is provided (required at 3 Star and above):
it should be changed for all new occupants and weekly changes offered during the letting period. Spare linen and bedding available on request. Sheets must be poly-cotton or cotton.
and in the Hints and Tips:
Match the quality of the bed with high quality linen and dress it well in order to add to the first impression of your property.
Look at Richard Hayworth for bed linen.
Tillee

What washes & irons well, doesn't bobble & lasts?

Post by Tillee »

(Greenbarn - thank you for that).

I had a pre-check by a VE assessor who told me a minimum 200 thread count would be needed if I was aiming at 5* but you are correct - it only states "high quality linen" in the QA booklet.

I wonder if Polycotton percale will last well, bobble or feel good to sleep in.

Or would Peter Reed 180 thread count being a slightly lower thread count be easier to iron creases out of.

I can't afford to make a mistake in my purchase as I have 3 x zip & link beds which equates to 36 sets of sheets if I get 4 sets of bedding per bed size variation.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

If you are sending fitted sheets to laundry, I should buy ones made for hotels etc that are made to be sent off to a commercial laundry.

I made the expensive mistake of buying "high quality" domestic fitted sheets and they shrank so much that double fitted sheets had to be put on the single beds and the single ones had to be thrown out as they made the mattress into a bridge!
Pendragon

Post by Pendragon »

I was just looking at this range from M&S

Non-Iron Pure Egyptian Cotton Flat Sheet