Advertisers

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Emma Brown

Advertisers

Post by Emma Brown »

Hi

We own a house in France and we want to let over the winter months - where is the best place to advertise that gives good results?

Emma
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi Emma

I think that's the holy grail that a lot of people are searching for, I'd be surprised if someone turns up a great suggestion. Demand is low, and supply high.

A couple of comments though - I looked at your (very nice) website and it wasn't obvious that you are trying to attract long winter lets, or even whether heating was included in the price etc.

Also you winter price sems to be about 75% of your summer price. Perhaps your summer price is way too low, but 'deep mid winter' prices are usually only 30-40% of summer peak rates. I think you really need to offer a bargain to attract winter travellers (we don't bother because heating costs rapidly approach rental income).

For all that I'm looking forward to hearing if someone in France has had regular success at winter lets.

Best of luck
Marcus
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hi Emma, I would put something on your home page, make it obvious. How about trying a listing on www.franglo.com?
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I had a few long winter let inquiries from French Connections.

We haven't had anyone stay over the winter yet, but that's as much due to our own reluctance as to plans just falling through.
Brooke
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

For the first few years of renting I had a few longish term lets - they came either via word of mouth for local French people or via the normal holiday rental internet sites I use. I actively avoid long term lets now as we have bookings until the end of October and are always fully booked for the half term, then a lot of long weekend bookings from the French market in the winter until the spring season kicks off late March. All in all I probably earn as much and have a lot less wear and tear in the properties by doing this!