Do you mark bedding?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
G.H

Do you mark bedding?

Post by G.H »

One of those probably daft questions.

If your bedding and towels are serviced for you then have you stamped/labelled them? I've a stamp I use for my daughters uniform and I wondered about getting one for our apartment.

Gina
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

When I used to run a large cottage our laundry people marked all our white bed linen by writing the cottage name in black marker pen on the inside! They didn't check with us first and to be honest it was a bit unsightly, although it was where most people shouldn't see it. It might be worth checking with your service provider to see what they do - it's probably preferable for you to mark them yourself in your preferred way than leave it to them.
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

I get some woven labels from jjcash.co.uk for that purpose. I tag pretty much everything with them and it makes it look rather professional.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I have sew in labels (the sort you use for labelling children's clothes etc.) and put them in a discreet place. I label everything which would go to the laundry service (duvet covers, sheets). All my white pillowcases are labelled because they can easily get muddled with my own.

I label towels and kitchen linen - just in case a guest is in doubt. I have had husbands enthusiastically packing such things not realising they weren't theirs!
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Aldo wrote:I get some woven labels from jjcash.co.uk for that purpose. I tag pretty much everything with them and it makes it look rather professional.
+1 for the labels. We bought our from wovenlabels in the UK for delivery to France.

Bit of a winter job though sewing them all in. We use coloured thread to designate differences. eg red cotton for single sheets and green for double so helps with identification as well

We do our own laundry now but still keep the labels anyway just in case.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

The only thing we do is mark the inside corners of the fitted sheets because when they are folded it's impossible to tell what size they are. I mark the inside 4 corners. Black is Kingsize. Blue is Single. Green is Double. Just a small spot. Use the Sharpie pens as they won't wash out.
Pamski

Post by Pamski »

Yes, I have Cash's nametapes with the name of our chalet and all bed linen, towels, bathmats, etc are marked.
G.H

Post by G.H »

Thanks for your replies.

I do prefer the look of the sewn ones but i've rotator cuff disorder and the worst thing possible for the shoulders is hand sewing. Since my dodgy joints has meant my husband doing pretty much everything doing up the apartment, I'm not going to ask him to sew 100's of labels so a stamp it is.

For anyone interested the stamps from stamptastic are brilliant and the ink lasts and lasts.

Gina
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Those stamptastic stamps look good. Would they work ok on towels?
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
limetree

Post by limetree »

I use iron on labels with our gite name on. They are so easy as I just put a hot iron against the label in the corner of the sheet and hold it for a few seconds and then it's fixed. I hate sewing so I was so pleased to have these labels.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Joanna wrote:Those stamptastic stamps look good. Would they work ok on towels?
I doubt they'd work on the fluffy towelling itself, but if you can stamp the bound edges or a non-fluffy area, it may well work.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!