Directions, house instructions and URL' s on ABB

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cleanforum

Directions, house instructions and URL' s on ABB

Post by cleanforum »

Directions, house instructions and urls on ABB.

I recently had a 24hour notice booking on ABB. After looking at the ABB inbox and the conversation I had with the guest I noticed that all references to our website and my telephone numbers have been "URL Deleted"

I the past and with other listing sites I have always just sent guests the URL of our site with our information and directions.

Now I am not sure if this is possible with ABB, although I notice that with some other bookings (further ahead into the summer) this same information has been allowed without the URL being deleted by ABB.

So I am a little confused. I read that some people leave this information in the "Basics" and "Directions" sections of the ABB listing. Is this the best way?

I also notice that you can reply by email, (via an encrypted ABB email) direct to the guest.

Is this email the best way to communicte?

I have quite a few ABB bookings this year and after our first one I feel I am still on a learning curve...

Thanks.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Yes - normally they delete URLs and phone numbers till all communication has to be via airbnb until the guest has booked and paid. Then you can send whatever you want I think.
If you install the iPhone app it works pretty well I find, you get notifications via the app, email and text so you don't miss them :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Thanks, I guess that logical. But I am talking about after the guest has paid.

I am wondering in the case of my recent last minute booking, it may be that even though the guest had paid by credit card there might be some lead time until the transaction is considered safe/completed by ABB?
Martha

Post by Martha »

Could be...but speaking as a reasonably frequent last minute guest on AirBNB (we rarely get bookings from there, but we use it a lot for our own holidays) you normally get the phone numbers and addresses straight away, so I would maybe call their support to check there isn't a glitch.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix