Anyone ask guests to bring own bedding?

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
apexblue

Anyone ask guests to bring own bedding?

Post by apexblue »

With rising laundry costs has anyone gone down the route of asking guests to bring bedding?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

No, I think that would be a bad idea. As a guest, I wouldn't want to fill the car up with duvets, pillows and sheets and towels - they'd be no room for anything else and it would be a huge hassle. And if you're providing the duvets (so I don't have to bring my own) what about the size problem - I might have a different sized bed at home to the one at your property and when I arrive and find it doesn't fit, I'll then use your duvet without a cover which will give you even more of a washing problem.

Unless you aiming for youth hostel type accommodation where people bring sleeping bags, I cannot see this working.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

newtimber wrote
Unless you aiming for youth hostel type accommodation where people bring sleeping bags, I cannot see this working.
+1
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

zebedee wrote:newtimber wrote
+1
Youth hostels often don't allow you to bring your own bedding now, due to the bed bug risk. While you'd hope no guest would ever bring contaminated bedding, it does happen... so another reason only provide your own.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I wouldn't even consider it - it would cost me my VisitWales rating but I'd be more worried about guests using my duvets and pillows without linen.....
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

zebedee wrote:
newtimber wrote
Quote:

+1

Youth hostels often don't allow you to bring your own bedding now, due to the bed bug risk
I didn’t know that so happy to stand corrected :) :D
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Don't think it's a good idea. but visiting Iceland 12 or so years ago B & B accommodation was quite a bit cheaper if you provided sheet sleeping bed