Independent Owners enquiries

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Frenchlady

Independent Owners enquiries

Post by Frenchlady »

If you have an independent owners website just make sure you check your enquiries on your web admin. We have had 2 in the last few days but had not received the normal email alert. I sent ourselves a test enquiry and this did not arrive although it showed immediately in web admin. Friend is also having same problem. Iowners team are aware and I am sure they will look into asap. Just wanted to warn others as nobody wants to miss an enquiry.
Little Villa

IO Enquiry problem

Post by Little Villa »

Thanks, Frenchlady, for flagging that up. I have just sent a test enquiry and it came through straightaway, thank goodness, which means that the reason we haven't been getting enquiries is that we haven't been sent any. :roll:
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Just done another test enquiry and it came straight through so all must have been sorted. Enquiries thin on the ground so far so cannot afford to miss any!
Bordering

Post by Bordering »

Whether or not e-mail reaches you depends on which e-mail service you use. The originator is of little import. Using free e-mail is always a risk - do scrutinise their terms and conditions before selecting one, as messages incorrectly identified as spam could be costly. Any e-mail address that comes ‘free’ as part of an internet access account is to be avoided like the plague. I find that hotmail’s filtering changes daily, yahoo won’t cost you too much, btinternet rejects plenty for no apparent reason, and gmail (and I’m not a fan of the owners) is good. Because Google are effective at monetising it with advertising, unlike most of the rest, they have an incentive to retain users.