terms and conditions wording UK help please

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
EcoGirl

terms and conditions wording UK help please

Post by EcoGirl »

Just about to launch holiday cottage in the Cotswolds. having guinea pig guests to start.
realise I should have them agree terms and conditions. Help please on wording.
still learning
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Hi EcoGirl, here are mine, you can pick anything out of there if it helps. :wink:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

If you join the English Association of Self-Catering Operators they have a set of T&Cs checked by a solicitor which you can use.

Membership doesn't cost much (around £40 if I remember correctly) and they send out a monthly newsletter which is very relevant and have a free legal helpline for members.
http://www.englishselfcatering.co.uk/
I'd recommend joining :D
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
farley

Post by farley »

Hi Kathy
Just been reading your T&Cs to check if I've covered everything with mine. Thank you for posting yours, I would never have thought about fireworks, have you had problems re these?
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Hi Farley, I'd forgotten that was in there! Yes we did have a problem a few years ago when there was a houseful for New Year. Apparently fireworks scared some cows in a nearby field who escaped, charged around the countryside and one of them lost its calf. Not sure how true it is but don't want to upset the neighbours. :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
EcoGirl

T and Cs newby help

Post by EcoGirl »

Thank you so much for sharing you experiences and tips. You are wonderfully generous people and give confidence to newbys like me.
still learning