Rural internet Andalucía

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Sanchisimo

Rural internet Andalucía

Post by Sanchisimo »

For the last few years we have been usng Iberbanda as our internet provider for our rental house in the campo as they were the only way we could get it. They are now ceasing to operate and Movistar (who I believe own Iberbanda) are now rolling out their new Fusion+ Radio system. The internet part offers up to 20Mb (via a sim card in a router system).

All fine, except that it has to come with two mobile phones, a landline and 80 TV satellite channels including sport and international news as part of the package. This has been ok for us as we have been able to switch our existing mobiles over to Movistar. The installer set the TV system to switch to English if this was how it was originally recorded which will be useful for people to watch films or comedy stuff.

Total cost is 75€ a month. The upside is that the router can be used anywhere where there is a decent Movistar phone signal when the house is vacant.

Anyone else using this system? We wait to see how it goes bt there seems to be little alternative other than internet by satellite.
Vera

Post by Vera »

Our friends were with Iberbanda and have gone over to the 20Mb internet service. They love it! They haven't mentioned the TV part and I don't think they have that. They have just paid for FilmOn.
lorca

Post by lorca »

I don't understand - we use iberbanda (just for internet) in our rental house and have not been informed about them ceasing to operate.
If not now, when?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Sounds like a good deal if you are actually using the non-optional add-ins. I've had endless problems with internet providers here (campo). Line of sight systems don't work for me so mobile internet is the only option. I now have Movistar, because it is currently the only package with unlimited data. I pay €59.95 a month. It comes with a pseudo landline (i.e. a 952 number), but I won't use it as I've had four providers of internet services in less than four years and I trust no one. No mobile phone services included, but I think I will ask about that because I have a separate contract for my phone, which is also Movistar. That costs me €23 per month and is rubbish value compared to the UK mobile contract I have with EE for £11 a month which from 15 June will include all my calls, all my texts AND all my data here in Spain and everywhere in the EU!!