La facturation électronique - France

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
vacancesthezan

La facturation électronique - France

Post by vacancesthezan »

We have today received an email from the impots about the requirement from 1st Jan next year to apply "La facturation électronique ".

We have always been good about creating a proper invoice for our B&B but on paper. This we check against our income and forms part of our Tax return each year. we know that this is obligatory in France.

As many of our guests who arrive do not have a means of receiving an electronique invoice from us we are unsure exactly what we are supposed to do. We have emailled our accountant but not had any news as yet. He is not a particular expert with B&Bs though so we are often telling him about changes.

Do any of the "clued up" B&Bers know what this will entail? Is it a vain hope that we will be exempt or will we have yet another return (system) to create and maintain along with the Taxe de sejour platforme.

Laughingly we hope that maybe they will all be integrated? Yes ok it is only a dream!

Thanks for any information

VT
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

If its the same email I received this morning I understood it to only apply if you were supplying goods/services direct to public bodies like hospitals etc. I could be wrong though :?
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

Dotty wrote:If its the same email I received this morning I understood it to only apply if you were supplying goods/services direct to public bodies like hospitals etc. I could be wrong though :?
Thats how I read it as well.Do you have many "fonctionaires" staying ?
What would Plato do ?
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

bornintheuk wrote:
Dotty wrote:If its the same email I received this morning I understood it to only apply if you were supplying goods/services direct to public bodies like hospitals etc. I could be wrong though :?
Thats how I read it as well.Do you have many "fonctionaires" staying ?
Most people book and stay independently although we do sometimes get rooms booked by our local Mairie - usually for events in the village.

Our accountant hasnt responed yet but we are feeling more optimsitc following your responses that we can carry on as before.

Thanks for the info

VT