Contacting guests when on commission based sites

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
hobbo

Contacting guests when on commission based sites

Post by hobbo »

Hi I'm currently thinking of moving on to OD and HL commission from subscription.
My question is at what point in the booking process do owners receive the guests email address ?

A new rule from the Turkish government requires the submission of passport numbers etc to be entered into a state provided system. To achieve this we need to collect the data and provide it to our local management team, currently we email a form (word document) to the guests.

Thanks in advance

Stuart
I have a very responsible position, if anything goes wrong I'm responsible ..
www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

You normally get the contact details as soon as the final payment has been made if you have a commission listing.
Last edited by Hells Bells on Mon May 22, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Yep, can confirm, the guest email address is available at point of enquiry when you have a subscription with OD. I reply via OD, mentioning I'll also be contacting them direct, and then email direct to the guest. It's then up to the guest how they want to continue.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
hobbo

Post by hobbo »

Thanks
I have a very responsible position, if anything goes wrong I'm responsible ..
www.villa-in-kalkan.co.uk
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Hi Hobbo

With ref to your passport details submissions, Portugal also requires us to submit all passport details online. I can now request guests submit all the details in their PIMS booking form as e-rchard has now added this facility to the system. I can then simply email the details direct from PIMS to my manager in Portugal for her to put into the Portuguese system. If you don't already use PIMS I've pm'd you a referral discount code.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com