UK TV Filmon

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
costa-brava

UK TV Filmon

Post by costa-brava »

Lost our friendly Filmon this month. Que distastre!!!
We had the free version giving us full access to the UK free-to-view channels. And then this month it went crazy. Had to watch our Scottish "River City" by hitting reload every 2 minutes.
So I did a Google to see what's going on and found that they'd just suddenly pulled the plug on the free version.
So I paid the €14.95 for the month and we're up and running again. It's working fine so when the dust settles I'll probably set up for a full monthly subscription.
Anybody else been having fun!
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Yes, absolute Filmon disaster here in Greece also. It suddenly gave up on us and I couldn't make it out. I blamed our smart TV set of course, but after searching found out the truth that Filmon had changed to monthly subscription only.

The poor man's answer, which I have just started using in order to receive BBC and ITV, is to use robssatellitetv.com. It has taken over free UK TV from where Filmon left off, but it doesn't yet have that wealth of channels. It seems it's a one-man-band, but "Rob" is doing it very well, I think. There is already some advertising on his site, so I expect he is on the way to his first million. Good luck to him.

'Robssatellitetv' doesn't work on a smart TV, but I can cast it to the TV set from a laptop using a Chromecast. You can send it from a smartphone or iPad also using a Chromecast.