August 2007

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Fraise

August 2007

Post by Fraise »

Hi. Last year we had a booking in August for the next August and after that a steady trickle for the rest of the summer. We had a booking for the end July/beg Aug ages ago but then ...an eerie quiet. This week it's gone beserk but all for next August. I still have one week available for August but I've had to turn several possible bookings down as they all want 2 weeks together. I didn't really get my act together- I should have passed them on and I will try to do this from now on. :? I would now like some people for the rest of July and September,any leftovers? LOL 8) . How is it for you ? Happy bookings :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Fraise...we've had a similar rush of bookings in July/August this year for July/August/September 2007! July 2007 fully booked, 1 week remaining in August and 2 weeks in September!

Sept/Oct this year has some to a standstill re. enquiries...keep getting loads of spam emails though! I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs just waiting to pounce on a genuine enquiry!! :lol:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I had three days of absolute chaos, bookings and enquiries coming out of my ears.Peak winter weeks are all booked, but then it's gone quiet. Enquiries for already booked dates, but nothing for the vacant ones.A bit different though, as they are winter weeks
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Hi Fraise,

Would it not be a good idea if there was a section on here listing where everyone was - then if we have overflow at least we'd be able to send them somewhere respectable?

Kathy
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

There is the members list altho not everyone has filled theirs in. Good idea but a bit of work, unless we ask different people to do different areas? Paolo , what do you think,or should we just use what already exists and fill in our members details?
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Just had a booking for August 2008 but am not booked at all next year which is unusual.

I am not worried at this point as we started last season with cancellations due to bird flu then terrorism but still were fully booked in the end. I was/am fully booked for Sep and Oct which is also a first.

Again responsible travel seem to be doing the business for me where other listing sites did not. If anyone saw real story this week about terrorism in Turkey you would understand why this will put further people off.

It seem with Turkey the odds are stacked against you and there is something awful happening every year. This makes it all the more satisfying when we do end up fully booked as I always have visions of no guests at all.
Always Learning
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well Done Hanorah, :D

Hope things go well for you.....Im sure they will ,just remember when the going gets tough the tough gets going.... :wink: :roll: :lol:
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

It has been completely mad this year and we now have all of August booked plus a couple of weeks in July, a couple of weeks in September and the odd week in April and May. It has been quiet over the last week but then I discovered last night that my e-mail has not been working properly for a few days and not receiving all the e-mails that I'm being sent so am now concerned that I may have missed out.

I have had to turn a couple of people away for August and would welcome the chance to pass the enquries on to someone else. We have friends here with gites but they are all very different to ours and cater for different group sizes. Perhaps we could find a way of hooking up in small groups with just those members who offer similar accommodation.

Sarah
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Sarah, :D

Thats a good idea...

Ive already passed a few onto Paul at SpanishCosyHomes as he is quite near us in Torrevieja....[and Im sure he will do the same back]

Hopefully its what the Forum is about helping each other at least thats what Ive found in the past.... :wink:

Of course I always check with the enquirer first to make sure he/she doesnt mind...... :wink: :D
garlic

Post by garlic »

Oh dear...I haven't had a single enquiry, not a ziltch, not a sausage...well I did get an enquiry from Canada but I managed to put her off because I said it does get hot here in summer and she doesn't like heat... :(
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

quote] not a sausage...[/quote]
[not even a Garlic Sausage eh.] :lol:

Just had a quick peek and your place looks great :D and you have put that its a best kept secret so maybe thats why??? :roll: :wink:

Im sure the bookings will come I think from previous postings that France gets booked a little later than Spain...probably a more discerning clientele....

Good Luck.... :wink: :D
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Garlic,

Me too. I've got some 2007 bookings from regulars but nothing new, not even an enquiry.

Am I worried? Absolutely not, traditionally my enquiries do not start until after Christmas.

I haven't finished with this year yet. I still October and November visitors to deal with and I have a long term Winter booking in my larger cottage, starting 1st November.

Fluffy
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

garlic wrote:Oh dear...I haven't had a single enquiry, not a ziltch, not a sausage...well I did get an enquiry from Canada but I managed to put her off because I said it does get hot here in summer and she doesn't like heat... :(
Garlic, take heart, that was us last year. We got our first 2006 booking on boxing day 2005 and they trickled in steadily after that. In the end we did pretty well last year and had to turn people away for July and August. I couldn't look at the bookings thread for months because I thought we were doing so badly.

I'm sure the bookings will start coming in, the peak booking months are still to come. :)
garlic

Post by garlic »

Phew I'm glad I'm not the only one :? I mean not that you haven't got bookings but that I'm not the only one without any :)

Here's hoping they come fast and thick soon...and in the meantime and is it's a lovely sunny day and I don't have any enquiries to deal with I reckon I should stroll down to the bar with the bloke and enjoy a drink or two :D
enid

Post by enid »

We have 12 weeks booked for next year between our 2 gites - but all returners. No new enquiries yet but that's normal. No need to panic Garlic :D