August 2007

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Panic not.

I too have only 3 bookings for 2007 as yet but hardly even thinking about it too much yet as I know that that mainly 2007 bookings start Christmas/New Year time.

Have just done 5 changeovers today and almost fully booked until November 4th and then there are still a few more after that so as far as I'm concerned 2006 still has some little way to go.

I am only just finalising next years tariff. This year especially when things have looked empty lots of last minute enquiries come in and we always end up fully booked and often have to pass enquiries on. There also seems to be a culture of last minute enquiries looking for discounts.

So worry not, the bookings will come.

Squirrel
Squirrel
Always expect the unexpected
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All

Ive just had an enquiry for 15 'responsible' 18 yr olds to rent the houses.....
didnt know there was that many in Britain :lol:

They wanted to know if the Rate of £495 peak... per house was per person.....
and whether the £100 security deposit was each......
so could have been on a bit of a winner...... :wink:
I mean how much damage can I 18yr old make .... :?: so that would be about £7000 in rent per week
and £1500 security/damage deposit I could shut for the rest of the season.......... :wink: :roll: :lol:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I have no bookings yet for next summer, but this is not a problem. I have had a couple of enquiries for July/August but I am not even accepting bookings for those months yet as we don't yet know exactly when we will be taking our week's holiday next summer!!!

This year, on 1st January, I did not yet have one single booking. But we ended up renting the house solidly from 4th February to 4th November, apart from 4 odd weeks in March and May - that's a total of 33 weeks.

So I am not panicing in any way shape or form, and neither should anyone else at this time of the year...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I agree, although I still have loads of availability for the ski season, I know the bookings will flood in as soon as the first major snowfall happens. Or should taht be an avalanche rather than a flood :D
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Thank you all,

I thought it was just me that was not getting bookings.

And what upsets me even more is that the sheepies, dog & cat don't seem to give a damn.

But I did pick a basketful of chestnuts & loads of mushrooms from my field. So there. :D :D :D

Robert
garlic

Post by garlic »

Thanks all...you know what a couple of hours in the bar and really it's all ok...I reckon if I had an enquiry tonight I'd have to say hold on while I check my diary :)
gh

Post by gh »

That's the spirit. The bookings will come, some come earlier than others; thats all, bar sounds as good a any place an to wait. :wink:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Don't panic! Every year is different, we have quite a few bookings, especially for April and May (??) and August 2007, but altogether fewer than last year this time, more than the year before last. The enquiries are definitely not flooding in, unlike the spam!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Hi Garlic,

I can confirm what all the other LMHers have said - quite a few enquiries/bookings at the end of summer 2006 for summer 2007 (obviously from well organised families!), but everything has gone quiet now - stats for rental listing site also show sharp decline in hits.

I expect thoughts have already turned to Christmas and skiing now?

I bet things will pick up again from January onwards...

Good luck, Jenny
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Jenny, a small lull in the skiing bookings too. A rush at the end of August/beginning of September for the school holiday weeks, then it's gone quiet, although I am still getting enquiries for the peak weeks, despite them showing as booked in the calendar.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I have jst taken my first booking for next year. This year I have found that all my bookings have been fairly last minute, and the people I have staying at the moment took advantage of Ryanair's special offer at the moment.

I wonder how many bookings coincide with offers by the cheap fares airlines?
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Good Point Carole-Ann, :D

You can now get to Alicante & Murcia, both near to us from about £38 in November... return

The weathers still great so a good opportunity for some for a cheap holiday..... 8)
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Without a doubt, I think properties close to airports used by low-cost carriers benefit hugely... certainly we do (La Rochelle, Ile de Re).

On my website I give details of low-cost airports within a radius of, say, 200-300 km and point out that guests may wish to check out flights to any of these destinations...
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Jenny :D

Do you have a click on to the airlines as well I know Paul does in SpanishCosyhomes and think its a great idea...

If I had my own website Id definetly look into it

www.skyscanner.net
is a great way to find cheap airline flts with one look.

Ros[whos mislaid her glasses already] :shock:
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Ros (and Paul!),

That is a fantastic idea :idea: and a really helpful bit of advice. As you know Ros, I am bwavely having a stab at setting up my own website - done 2 lines, 2 photos and 2 links so far! - so that is something I will probably incorporate...