August 2007

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Jenny :D

Sound good to me :wink: especially for the renter who cant be bothered to read much.....
you might start a trend....well done.. :wink:
Stu

Post by Stu »

Jenny,
it's sooooooo important to include as many links to airlines, ferry companies, local car hire etc. What you're doing is selling the idea that it's actually very easy to visit your place! Make it as pain-free as possible for your prospective clients and they'll book with you.
We've just added an availability calendar for the gites and it's now THE most visited page on our website. I know this because I have a web-based 'stats' site that I use to see what goes down well, where my leads/references come from etc. It's invaluable to me as a marketing tool.
Good luck for '07, I'm sure you'll do well!
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Jenny wrote:Ros (and Paul!),

That is a fantastic idea :idea: and a really helpful bit of advice. As you know Ros, I am bwavely having a stab at setting up my own website - done 2 lines, 2 photos and 2 links so far! - so that is something I will probably incorporate...
Jenny,

I know we've had a few people find us on Google and MSN because of the airport info & airline links.

In terms of bookings/enquiries, things had been pretty quiet here over the last week or so, which was great as it gave me time to catch up on 'stuff'. But over the last 4-5 days the enquiries have come in thick and fast, strangely mostly from Germany! Repeat bookings are starting to look good, we've one customer who went this year who has already booked a week in June for next year, and is looking at a couple of other possible dates as well. And I've just taken a christmas booking for one of the villas, so that should please the boss when she gets back.
AndyLucia
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi. Sorry, I started this thread just to say that it was weird how August is the only month people want at the mo. I am still turning people away. Altho normally August books up quickly I usually have enquiries for July and Sept as well,June folks seem to book next year,not quite sure why Sept has been booked so early the last couple of years?So far no- one has enquired about anything other than August.That was all :? :oops: :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Fraise wrote:Hi. Sorry, I started this thread just to say that it was weird how August is the only month people want at the mo. I am still turning people away. Altho normally August books up quickly I usually have enquiries for July and Sept as well,June folks seem to book next year,not quite sure why Sept has been booked so early the last couple of years?So far no- one has enquired about anything other than August.That was all :? :oops: :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Actually, most of our summer enquiries so far have been for June and July, I've had our first enquiry for August arrive today! :)
AndyLucia
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Interesting isn't it? Suppose as we are all in different parts of the World with different properties and different markets that we can only say what seems usual ( or not! ) for ourselves.It's the "how long is a piece of string " thing again :wink: Me, I buy mine in big ball :lol:
Sallys Chateau

Post by Sallys Chateau »

Oooh er Ros, 15 "responsible" 17 year olds ? Hmmmm I know mine is a darling (LOL) but............ like the idea of some sort of link up though, I'm getting a bit lonely here racking my brains today and am cheered to see that I am not the only one not simply bursting with bookings !
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

I don't know whether to be happy or sad. No new enquiries yet at all for summer 07 but have a third time visitor for May half term and a second time visitor for July 07, now another second visitor wants to book first two weeks of Aug but is waiting for the old cheap flights to come out.

I have finally got around to doing my OD listing (only took me 2 hours last night !!), so see how that goes. :roll:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Partridge, :D

That sounds Good... I havent booked May yet...so well done... :wink:
The chap whos waiting for the cheap flts in August, does he have pigs with wings as well.
Seriously though...I wouldnt tell him you will hold the dates or anything..if you get another booking take it..he sounds like he might mess you about...
Cheap flts and August are not a combination to be relied upon.
:wink: :roll: :D
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

That sounds like your place must be lovely and just what people want. :lol:
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Thanks guys

I know what you mean Ros and I have told the lady that the best I can do is to ring her if I have an enquiry before she's ready. I know she was thinking a cheaper mid week flight but told her I'm sticking to Saturday for next high season. As you may remember I have already turned down a booking on this basis but it is early days, so we'll see if I have made a boo boo. :oops:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Sallys Chateau

bookings

Post by Sallys Chateau »

Partridge, You have every reason to be happy, dancing in fact, a third timer, what better compliment ? and you stick to your Sat to Sat high season too. I think you should tell the lady that bookings in high season are first come, first served or she could mess you about. Good Luck.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Im sure you havent... :D

If shes staying for 2 weeks tell her she can arrive midweek as long as she pays you Sat -Sat.
Had quite a few last year that arrived Sunday left Friday to get cheaper flts ,paid the full rental though.
I only accept Sat-Sat from May -Oct...

Repeat after me It is Mid October and I have over 9 mths before August 2007....Looks better written down doesnt it....So dont panic.... :roll:

I know Ive booked the peak weeks already but Im sure its because theyve booked for a large group & 2 houses together..so have to make arrangements earlier...
Im sure a few will drop out before then as well[they did last year anything like some of the families I know theyll be lucky if theyre still speaking next summer]
but its not normally a problem to rebook the Peak Weeks...

Something Im doing differently this year is sending the extra details...you know the ones with the that I sent you,
when they enquire after reading others comments here....Its a bit silly once theyve booked to let them know all the best bits about the area...We need to convince the ones who are thinking about it...

Also make sure you answer quickly...
[Im sure you do]
I do usually within an hour..Just had another booking ,she phoned and said that shed looked at another, but they hadnt replied yet, so would be going with me....

Good Luck :wink: :P
AndyLucia

Post by AndyLucia »

Well today just gets stranger and stranger. I've just taken my second booking today, for a week in April; I rang the customer about 30 seconds after I got the enquiry, is that a quick enough response Ros?

I've also got another August enquiry, but this is for the whole of August! And a german gentleman looking to take a three month rental for the winter; I'm waiting for him to confirm the dates, as I never quite trust my translation skills!
AndyLucia
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Wow !! Brilliant, you're doing something right- could you bottle it and send a bit to me please? :wink: