SWFrance unpopular or just saturated

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
JP

Post by JP »

jlaceysmith wrote:It's very bizarre - we have our 3 cottages on all the main listings, although we always hope that guests will find us through our website and avoid extra booking fees. Last week, exhausted from cleaning gites and in a moment of madness, I added a €50 cleaning fee to our booking.com listing (thinking of a week stay). Since then, I've had 3 one night bookings, all of them paying the nightly tariff, plus the €50 cleaning fee. Seems mad?!
I did exactly the same a few weeks ago, I increased the linen/cleaning fee which was really just to cover laundry an the changed the minimum stay to one night on BC and ABB. both saw and increase in bookings, and not just single night which filled some awkward spaces in my calendar.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

French Cricket wrote:Something very strange is going on - we've had more bookings for next year than ever before at this point in the current year and because we're running a shorter season next year have already filled more than half of our available weeks in both houses :shock: - and all but one booking from the UK.

It doesn't make any logical sense at all. Sterling is tumbling (we charge in euros), airport chaos rules, and there are more and more holiday lets, including endless start-ups and second home owners who want to reap a bit of a return. We've increased our prices by a fairly big hike (5% and 8%) too.

I'm baffled. Not unhappy, but baffled.
We have added another 8 weeks since my last post & like everyone else i have put prices up! And we are 1 booking away from 2017 being our best year. Long may it last :D