Article; indication of uk market

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Mouse

Article; indication of uk market

Post by Mouse »

Just in case anyone didn't see this from Rentivo.

https://www.rentivo.com/blog/luxury-vil ... #more-1950

It's something I've often wonder about. Why don't the rental websites direct their seo efforts towards the markets where they can earn the highest commission.
I say this because surely it's a no brainer that if they sell more holidays in villas in the South of France than say Wales (just an example) then they make more commission.
Ibiza is fairly high end price wise on villas (don't ask me why....maybe because of the cost of property) and so I'm amazed that a company like TA does so poorly for villa owners here. Though oddly not for apartments (which are all illegal).

Anyway....it gives some interesting stats.

Mousie
x
AndrewH

Re: Article; indication of uk market

Post by AndrewH »

Mouse wrote:... and so I'm amazed that a company like TA does so poorly for villa owners here (Ibiza). Though oddly not for apartments (which are all illegal).
I have just come out of a short 12 months listing with one of the TA group and I am not going back there. My observation was that the cheaper (in price) holiday properties, like apartments and studios, were more popular and rented out more easily than the more expensive larger villas and houses.

Perhaps this had to do with TA's high rate of travellers' commission (around 13%). With cheap properties, that extra expense doesn't seem too bad, but with high price properties that rate of commission leads to a sizeable and unacceptable amount. This would be apparent when a guest finds the same property cheaper on an HA site, where the 'service charge' is say 8 or 9 percent.