synchronising calendars

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
barbersdrove

synchronising calendars

Post by barbersdrove »

I have a number of calendars I have to update each time we get a booking. I've seen the name ical (I think) and not clicked on the 'syncronise calendar' button with any of the providers, too scared in case it mucks them up. Am I silly to worry about that? Any advice would be welcome.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Take the plunge

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi
I use
http://www.pimscalendar.com/ got the info from a LMHF member - free and easy to use

You just have to "paste" the HTML code onto your site , how this can be done is different for each web site

It also shows how to use ical (Quite simple), I synchronise 4 Booking sites (TripAdvisor etc) with the Calendar on my site , the other benefit is they all have the same info , before when I updated them all individually, however hard I tried the calendars were slightly different

If you would like to see it in action, click link below
http://www.villaantonio.co.uk/availability

Hope that helps
Larry

declanja

Post by declanja »

I too was scared to try it but eventually did and it is simple to do. I use my HA calendar to upgrade my TA, AirBnb and booking.com ones and it works fine. It important to update the HA one in my case each time a get a booking from any of the others as it doesn't work in reverse.
barbersdrove

Post by barbersdrove »

Thank you, will take a look. I have Eviivo set up for instant booking and now also have Airbnb set up for that too so like last night when i was quizzing at the pub and got an instant booknig through from Airbnb I was panicking about updating the eviivo one so we didn't get double booked.

I've had eviivo for years and it's served me well but only takes the bookings that come direct from my website. Now, I don't think many people look at the website so may end up rejigging it all. That's evolution for you. Everything seems ot have changed in the 10 yrs I've been doing this.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)