Devon accommodation from 19th 20th 21st July?

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Comriest

Devon accommodation from 19th 20th 21st July?

Post by Comriest »

Looking for help!

Having had a disasterous few weeks with my husband having had a heart attack and needing a double bypass and the cancellation of a California trip of a lifetime I'm reaching out to see if anyone has anything for the above as need a break and some much needed rest and recovery.

My birthday is on the 22nd July so looking from anything before that date and to at least the 23rd onwards (preferably a full week or more but will settle for anything!) anywhere in Devon but prefereably North or South coast in a small town / fishing village with a short walk to pubs, restaurants etc. Parking is a must. Anyone got any availability? I've been trawling various listing sites and found a few options but just testing the water to see if any fellow LMH owners have a week still available. Would consider slightly further a field but a two hour drive from us in mid Cornwall will be the max.

Anything out there?

Ever hopeful!
CSE

Post by CSE »

Sorry to hear about your husband.
I have put out feelers for you in North Devon,a girlfriend in law (if there is such a thing) works at a local rental agency.And friends may know of something.

In the mean time just take it easy. I just hope if there is something it is not a caravan in Westward Ho! :shock:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Comriest

Post by Comriest »

casasantoestevo wrote:Sorry to hear about your husband.
I have put out feelers for you in North Devon,a girlfriend in law (if there is such a thing) works at a local rental agency.And friends may know of something.

In the mean time just take it easy. I just hope if there is something it is not a caravan in Westward Ho! :shock:
That is incredibly kind of you. Thank you!

I'm hoping something will come up. My husband is pretty down in the dumps knowing that we've had to cancel my birthday holiday and we have nothing else in place! Life can throw a good curved ball sometimes!
Moonshine

Post by Moonshine »

So sorry to hear about your troubles. We have the week beginning July 15 and also July 22 still available: www.southdevonholidaycottage.com. We only book full weeks and do Saturday changeovers. However, I suspect it's not really what you want as we're fairly remote and the nearest shop/pub is two and a half miles away. But it is very quiet and peaceful here and, I think, good for rest and recovery.
Comriest

Post by Comriest »

Moonshine wrote:So sorry to hear about your troubles. We have the week beginning July 15 and also July 22 still available: www.southdevonholidaycottage.com. We only book full weeks and do Saturday changeovers. However, I suspect it's not really what you want as we're fairly remote and the nearest shop/pub is two and a half miles away. But it is very quiet and peaceful here and, I think, good for rest and recovery.
That's a beautiful place you have there! In normal circumstances it would be ideal but we do want to be within short walking distance of a pub etc and I really want to be away for the 22nd (a long shot I know but hopeful)

Thank you for sharing and I'm sure someone will snap those weeks up 🤗
russellt

Post by russellt »

Sorry to hear about what's been happening in your life. Sounds like you need a break.

Our place, Esme's Cottage, is in Ivybridge. I'm guessing if you're in Fowey, you'll know Ivybridge (on A38 btwn Plymouth and Exeter). More town than village. We're in town, just a short walk (200m) to the High Street, and a new gastropub has opened just across the bridge(less than 5 min walk). Trehill Arms: We recommend it.

As we're in town, parking is kerbside, so that may be the fly in the ointment. Do ask if you want specifics.

Have a look at our website. Week commencing 22nd July is available, so you could have access from 3pm. Apologies that the homepage is suffering divitis(some formatting problems) on smaller screens :? Another job on the todo list. Hopefully you'll get the gist.

Take care, R.
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Have a look on some of the Facebook groups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bookhol ... =bookmarks

and

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Holiday ... gFriendly/

There's links to late availability pinned at the top
Comriest

Post by Comriest »

Thank you all for taking the time out to reply, very much appreciated 🤗

I have managed to find a rental in Ilfracombe for the week beginning 21st July at much great relief! Right in the harbour so close to pubs and restaurants which is ideal. Looking forward to some much needed rest and recovery with the husband!

Appreciate all your help

Meena
CSE

Post by CSE »

Here..... something to read maybe? locations of pubs, the blog is out of date.
http://myilfracombe.co.uk/wp/
Hope you get the break you both need.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Comriest

Post by Comriest »

casasantoestevo wrote:Here..... something to read maybe? locations of pubs, the blog is out of date.
http://myilfracombe.co.uk/wp/
Hope you get the break you both need.
Fantastic info, thanks 👍