Hi Everybody

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
goo-rat

Hi Everybody

Post by goo-rat »

Just signed up to the forum after lurking about for some time.

We have 6 gites in the Charente so looking forward to swapping info with all you lot.

Just wanted to say what a great looking community Paolo has created and thanks.

Looking forwards to giving my 10cents worth on anything and everything.

:D
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, David! Image

Looking forward to your input in '05.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
helene

Post by helene »

Discovered the website 2 days ago and already have been on the site for about 3 hrs - very informative and addictive. Well done it feels friendly and non-competitive and judging by your presence/postings Paulo I suspect that it takes that lead from you. I am looking forward to being part of this community.

regards
helene :D
PS I have been in Brittany for 3.5 years now renting out Gites so have a bit of experience to share with others and also keen to learn from others as well
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Helene! Image

I think we rental owners are just thoroughly good eggs, that's why we can all get along well together. Long may it continue!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paolo,

Can you tell me? Can anyone tell me?

Why is it that so many members don't even give their e-mail addresses when completing their profiles? They must have them otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Is there a perceived advantage in remaining anonymous, even on such an open Forum?

Alan
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

I don't believe it's people choosing to 'hide' email addresses ..... it looks like the forum has been set up to 'not' display them.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Tony,

You might well be right. I have posted my e-mail address but it comes up blank in my profile.

Over to Paolo again?

Alan
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Alan,

Everyone supplies an email and if you want to email a member, just click on the email button in their profile or posts.

I don't want the email addresses in public view because there is no need for that, and also it would make it easy for spammers to add them to their lists.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
HolidayWebs

Post by HolidayWebs »

Hi Paulo,

I don't think we can email from posts or profiles. I think that maybe you see the forum differently because you are the admin. I think we can only send PMs which would be OK if we got emails to tell us that they're there - so hopefully that bit will be fixed soon.

But I agree that email addresses shouldn't be available publicly - we all get enough spam already don't we?

Zelda
Visit http://www.puertopollensa.com ... you'll love it!
The most beautiful resort in Mallorca.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Yes, you're right, only I can see the 'email' button. We are still trying to get the emailing functioning but not having any joy. It's a mystery because it seems to work perfectly well for other forums using this software.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Everyone,

I must apologise for thinking that members have not given their e-mail addresses when completing their profiles. It turns out not to be the case.

Alan