Feedback form from guests

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
mousey

Feedback form from guests

Post by mousey »

Me again!
Does anyone please have an example of a feedback form for guests to fill in at end of visit or what sort of things we should ask
Thanks
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Why don't you brainstorm and come up with some ideas and then share them for comments and suggestions?
CSE

Post by CSE »

N&P you get a plus one.

Mousey, we do not know your location, the facilities you already have, the market you are aiming for.
What sort of feed back are you looking for?

........plus many other ideas.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
mousey

Post by mousey »

Im thinking cleanliness, info received before hand
facilities
comments for improvements

I would like guests to fill in this form and help me to improve before they leave the villa
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

....I keep thinking I've started threads that I've totally forgotten about :shock: :lol: :lol: :shock:

'Other' Mousie
x
p.s. +1 from me too
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

mousey wrote:Im thinking cleanliness, info received before hand
facilities
comments for improvements

I would like guests to fill in this form and help me to improve before they leave the villa
My suggestion is create a simple online form along these lines with JotForm or WuFoo. Quick and easy for the guests, instant feedback for you. And easily tweaked as you think of other ideas.

The problem with a written guestbook is that you get guests echoing previous points, rather than thinking for themselves.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Is that practical? some will want x and you rush out to get x,the next want y,you rush out and get yand so on.
There is a saying
You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.
-John Lydgate
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
akwe-xavante

Post by akwe-xavante »

If something's wrong, dirty, missing or broken they'll let you know.

However a little common sense is required too I think.

Something that's perfectly clean to one is not to another person etc. If a set of guests suggest that a "Something" would be a nice addition in the kitchen, firstly think about it before you get one, cost, will it get used, where to store it, will it clean well quickly and how much to buy and maintain.

I had two different sets of guests within a month ask for a larger frying pan 18 months ago, it's not been used since. No big deal it was inexpensive but an example of what happens.

Before you know it they'll have you doubling the size of the Kitchen, fitting a second bathroom, downstairs loo and much more. They'll a fresh set of towels everyday and the bedding changing midweek. Don't forget a daily newspaper free too.

Don't do it, you'll do your head in.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Yes, we must all consider carefully what our guests say they must have.

Many years ago (in our very early days) one guest famously wrote "beds too hard for a lie-in" in the Visitors' Book. We agonised a bit over that but the very next week another guest wrote "beds too comfortable for early starts". !!
COYS

Post by COYS »

GillianF wrote:Yes, we must all consider carefully what our guests say they must have.

Many years ago (in our very early days) one guest famously wrote "beds too hard for a lie-in" in the Visitors' Book. We agonised a bit over that but the very next week another guest wrote "beds too comfortable for early starts". !!
As Borat once said "I like"
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

COYS wrote:
GillianF wrote:Yes, we must all consider carefully what our guests say they must have.

As Borat once said "I like"
And at the same time his altered ego ' l'amiral-général Shabazz Aladeen' gestured hand across the throat.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I invite feedback comments and suggestions for improvements in my follow-up email a couple of days after the guests have left. No restrictive tick boxes, just an invitation to say anything they want. That approach has worked very well for picking up ideas for simple, cost-effective improvements and also getting a good idea for what we do well.
The time delay between leaving and answering allows time for a bit of reflection.
Most people don’t like to feel they are complaining, but they do like to feel they are helping. It’s useful feedback.
Unless they ask for an egg slicer of course.... :roll: