How much is OD's annual subscription?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
SPJ

How much is OD's annual subscription?

Post by SPJ »

Just been composing a draft letter to my enquirers about OD's service fee and did some online background research. I have come across a Daily Telegraph article written in mid 2016 which says:

"For more expensive rentals, the fee could be as much as £299 more per booking, the upper limit set by Owners Direct. Property owners have accused the company of 'double dipping' by charging customers but also continuing to charge owners the same annual fee of £249, plus VAT, for each property listing."

An annual fee of £249 + VAT???? My renewal was £478.80 for one property in January!!!! Have I been a mug???
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

No SPJ I paid that too. There is a lower amount but that had something to do with OB or OP or something.

I paid the higher amount because I kept full control. Obviously I won't have that come renewal so I imagine the prices will change again. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

With both OB and OP you might as well be on commission....so maybe subscription will be scrapped.

We will have to wait for the first one of the LMHrs to renew and see what is throw up. My renewal is at the end of January.

Mouse
x
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks Mouse. My renewal's supposedly in February. I wonder?
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

Yes SPJ. My subscription renewal in February was the same as yours. Like Mouse I don't have OB or OP - but I'm now nowhere to be seen in searches. When I do a search on my small village the search comes up with more houses than are actually physically there, and I'm not mentioned!
The best things in life are free
COYS

Post by COYS »

Unfortunately Giraffe, the inaccurate search results are a worrying side issue. Regardless of the imposition of mandatory OB/OP we are all still going to be treading water amongst many more properties from miles away thanks to their search return algorithm.
Per SPJ's original post, against my better judgement, I renewed at the increased rate fairly recently, knowing in advance that this was likely to be a waste of money in terms of enquiries & that I was only buying myself some extra transition time.
I seem to remember a fellow LMH member had drafted an informative & balanced web page or pdf detailing service fees to guests.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

You are right COYS. For the 3 years I have renting my holiday house myself I have done well out of OD, around 10 to 12 weeks per year on subscription. I fear these days are now gone. I have not had an enquiry for 3 months. I won't be resubscribing next time around in February
The best things in life are free